Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Spreading Cheer thru memorabilia

Recently I picked up a new game issued Ed Hearn bat from ebay and this is how it looks like now. Here's the story behind this.

Jack is a young man who lives here in Long Island and has gone through 3 liver transplants, 25 months of chemo/cancer, hip replacement, and just yesterday knee replacement surgery. He's been sick most of his young life. Jack and his family met Ed Hearn up in Cooperstown many years ago and a friendship was born. Ed always says this kid's health issues makes his own health problems look minute in comparison.

I always like to think I'm the number one Ed Hearn fan out there but young Jack is right up there too. So when Tim Byington alerted me to this Hearn bat on ebay I knew right way where it was going to go.

As I told Ed the other day after he received the bat to sign to Jack, this is something every Ed Hearn fan should have.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Spreading Cheer thru memorabilia

That is very cool!

Neat pickup. Did something happen to Jack or has he simply decided to divest part of his collection?

nice story. you have a link to the auction. just curious how he described it.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Recently I picked up a new game issued Ed Hearn bat from ebay and this is how it looks like now. Here's the story behind this.

Jack is a young man who lives here in Long Island and has gone through 3 liver transplants, 25 months of chemo/cancer, hip replacement, and just yesterday knee replacement surgery. He's been sick most of his young life. Jack and his family met Ed Hearn up in Cooperstown many years ago and a friendship was born. Ed always says this kid's health issues makes his own health problems look minute in comparison.

I always like to think I'm the number one Ed Hearn fan out there but young Jack is right up there too. So when Tim Byington alerted me to this Hearn bat on ebay I knew right way where it was going to go.

As I told Ed the other day after he received the bat to sign to Jack, this is something every Ed Hearn fan should have.

David
    misread it. nice gesture David. Its great to see comradeship between other player collectors.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Nicely done! Met Ed back in the late '90's when he caught a game in Toronto at the SkyDome club "Sightlines" with a group including Stan Musial. Bib Ed and Stan were very gracious and friendly. Enjoyed interacting with them for an afternoon.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Neat pickup. Did something happen to Jack or has he simply decided to divest part of his collection?
    Jack's doing great. He's heading home 2 days after the knee replacement on Thurs. I hope the bat will be there when he arrives at home.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    misread it. nice gesture David. Its great to see comradeship between other player collectors.

Jack's not a collector at all. He's just a big fan of Ed. This will be his first bat
    metsbats86@aol.com