Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: WANTED: Mark Mulder Game Used items

Quote Originally Posted by jtnatalierica View Post
    Hello nerdherd, I have a Mulder TBTC,Cardinals blue jersey by Mitchell & Ness with a white date flag: TBC 6-18-2005 next to manufacturing waist tag. Don't know if it's game-used/worn, no coa's/loa's, but, has TBC playing date affixed to it. The size tag in the neck has been cut in two, but, still affixed solidly, don't know the reason for this. Has NOB on back, size 48. I purchased this jersey because I'm a Cardinals fan, and know the scout that signed him for Oakland as Mark went to Michigan State Univ. I'm trying to catch up with him at some time to try and get it autographed. I'm looking to get $250 for it as I don 't really want to part with it, but, if I get the asking price, I'll let it go. email me @: waelchli29808@yahoo.com. I got this off ebay about 2 years ago and someone indicated if the tag was cut, it was most likely an issued jersey, but, seeing it's a TBC jersey, why would it be made and date tagged for this event with no other purpose? Would like to have this explained. Tom W.
    Is the tag that has "TBC 6-18-2005" stitched with red thread or black? Red = retail; black = gamer.

Hello nerdherd, I have a Mulder TBTC,Cardinals blue jersey by Mitchell & Ness with a white date flag: TBC 6-18-2005 next to manufacturing waist tag. Don't know if it's game-used/worn, no coa's/loa's, but, has TBC playing date affixed to it. The size tag in the neck has been cut in two, but, still affixed solidly, don't know the reason for this. Has NOB on back, size 48. I purchased this jersey because I'm a Cardinals fan, and know the scout that signed him for Oakland as Mark went to Michigan State Univ. I'm trying to catch up with him at some time to try and get it autographed. I'm looking to get $250 for it as I don 't really want to part with it, but, if I get the asking price, I'll let it go. email me @: waelchli29808@yahoo.com. I got this off ebay about 2 years ago and someone indicated if the tag was cut, it was most likely an issued jersey, but, seeing it's a TBC jersey, why would it be made and date tagged for this event with no other purpose? Would like to have this explained. Tom W.
    Hi Tom,

I remember seeing that jersey on eBay and I think I might even have bid on it. I'll send you an email later today. Thanks for reaching out to me; I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Is the tag that has "TBC 6-18-2005" stitched with red thread or black? Red = retail; black = gamer.
    I'll find out for you.

It's the red stitching, so, a retail jersey, but, exactly like the gamers. Why would they make a retail jersey with this tagging? I have other TBTC jerseys with date tagging and they're all game used. What's the reason for this type?

It's the red stitching, so, a retail jersey, but, exactly like the gamers. Why would they make a retail jersey with this tagging? I have other TBTC jerseys with date tagging and they're all game used. What's the reason for this type?
    Looks like I forgot to email you. So are we 100% sure this is a retail jersey and not game used?

bump.

There are so many throwback games these days that teams don't always do a retail version of their jerseys... but back in 2005, it was common for some teams to do a retail version. In fact, the potential success of a retail jersey was one of the considerations that determined whether they'd do a throwback, and which style they'd use. If I remember correctly, the jerseys for this particular game were paid for by the Rays (with the Cardinals permission and input on design) and the Rays auctioned them for their charity. Retail jerseys also were produced, not because any one team would get rich off them (retail jersey sales are shared among all MLB teams), but because there was fan demand. That demand has waned in recent years. The Cardinals have worn that victory blue jersey as a throwback several times now, so producing one linked to a certain TBTC game isn't really a thing anymore.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.