Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 HOF voting

2017 HOF voting

About 15% of the total votes tallied, it's been tracking with Raines and Bagwell being ahead solidly thus far, Pudge close behind, then Hoffman and Vladdy.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...E2Lu5P1f92OW8o

A jump forward for Mussina and most surprising, the move up for Bonds and Clemens. It's early and likely the "yes" voters come forward first, but still...

Re: 2017 HOF voting

I have been watching this daily as well. It looks real good for Bagwell and Raines, and I-Rod may make it as well. If Trevor Hoffman would have kept more of his supporters from last year, he would have a better chance. With Selig being inducted, it is not surprising that Clemens and Bonds are seeing a major boost. Edgar Martinez and Mike Mussina are seeing good numbers as well and so is Vlad.

To me the biggest surprise is Manny Ramirez at 35% of the vote at this time (17% of the vote in), where Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Rafael Palmiero have either fallen off the ballot or almost have fallen off the ballot. I thought all 3 of these players were better than Ramirez, and Manny also failed two drug tests as well.

You think Sosa, McGwire and Palmeiro were better than Manny Ramirez? No offense, but they are not even in close. Manny could be be a top 10 right hand hitter of all time, steroids aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Used Bats View Post
    You think Sosa, McGwire and Palmeiro were better than Manny Ramirez? No offense, but they are not even in close. Manny could be be a top 10 right hand hitter of all time, steroids aside.
    I reviewed the stats and I am not seeing it. Manny even had the least home runs of the 4. I view Manny as even being more tainted as well with multiple failed drug tests. Just because he played with Boston does not mean he should be treated any differently. Manny is more similar to those 3 then Clemens, Bonds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Used Bats View Post
    If we're putting steroids aside, then Palmeiro suroasses them all without a doubt as he's one of only 5 players in MLB history with 500+ homers and 3,000+ hits and say what you want about steroids, but that didn't get him those hits and homers, his sweet swing did.

I think there has been an increase in new voters the past few years, so the overlooked guys (Raines, Edgar) and then Bonds/Clemens getting higher totals via that angle. The generations look at the PED angle and the advanced metrics tools very differently in their assessments.

I think Bagwell, and Raines are a LOCK
    Irod actually doing extremely well, although with the past rumors of his PED use (via Canseco) I would be surprised if there wasn't a big silent block not revealing ballots who will NOT let him in first time.
    every year new voters come on and old go out.
    If Bonds and Clemens can creep up above 60%, it will look very good for both of them
    I cannot imagine a HOF without Barry Bonds. greatest hitter I ever saw. end of story

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chris78 View Post
    I reviewed the stats and I am not seeing it. Manny even had the least home runs of the 4. I view Manny as even being more tainted as well with multiple failed drug tests. Just because he played with Boston does not mean he should be treated any differently. Manny is more similar to those 3 then Clemens, Bonds as well.
    Dude, Manny might be the greatest right handed hitter of all time. I don't think he'll ever get in because of the multiple failed tests but he was incredible.
    Once Pudge gets in, the rest of the non-failed test steroid guys need to get in. Pudge clearly used, Bagwell most likely used, all these guys still belong in the Hall (along with Barry, Roger, Sosa etc). A Rod, Manny and Palmeiro won't get in because of the failed tests.

Its amazing the lack of love for McGriff, the Crime Dog was a no-doubt HOFer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Dude, Manny might be the greatest right handed hitter of all time. I don't think he'll ever get in because of the multiple failed tests but he was incredible.
    Once Pudge gets in, the rest of the non-failed test steroid guys need to get in. Pudge clearly used, Bagwell most likely used, all these guys still belong in the Hall (along with Barry, Roger, Sosa etc). A Rod, Manny and Palmeiro won't get in because of the failed tests.

Its amazing the lack of love for McGriff, the Crime Dog was a no-doubt HOFer.
    Your view of Manny is way too extreme. One thing that needs to be considered is that his stats would not be as good without the use of PED's. If he hit 450 home runs without PED's, would he be the greatest right handed hitter of all time. I do not think so.

I like your view of McGriff though. He has the highest amount of home runs for anyone not associated to PED use that is not already in the Hall of Fame. I have always felt that in order for some of the PED guys to get in such as Manny, Sosa, McGwire, Palmeiro, etc., McGriff needs to be inducted first. He would be my 10th ballot selection if I voted for 10 people on this year's ballot. Are any of those guys better than McGriff without the PED use? I feel that is something that people need to consider, and truth be told, may be the best way for these PED guys to get inducted at some point.

Manny was amazing .
    Seriously
    And love able
    Not like a McGwire or Sosa where it was a home run or a K
    Look at his OBP
    Almost Williams and Bonds like
    Multiple failed tests a big problem though, however all late in his career