Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ups...

Ups...

Great. Finally found a bat I've been looking for and after 1 attempted delivery I have them hold it for pickup and they can't find it. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Banned

Angry Re: Ups...

That sucks! I'v never had that kind of problem with UPS, but I have had lazy drivers who run up to my door, slap the "We Missed You" sticker on the door and run back to their trucks while making no real attempt to alert me to their presence. Fortunately, the guy we've had for the last year is good.

Dave Miedema

Re: Ups...

UPS doesn't even attempt to ring the doorbell in my neighborhood, they just leave the package next to the mailbox.

As a former UPS employee I can say while it doesn't happen frequently packages do get mis-placed. Chances are it either found its way on to the wrong delivery truck and will be returned at the end of the work day or if you're picking it up from a larger sorting facility (i.e. near a large city) it's not uncommon for there to be a mountain of packages waiting for customer pick-up. In this case packages can be difficult to find.

As for the UPS drivers leaving notices without ringing the doorbell that is a very strange practice considering they are just going to return the next day and attempt to deliver it again. I would jump through hoops to deliver the package on the first attempt. One less package I had to worry about the next day.

I hope they find it that's for sure and just in case they can't I hope there was insurance on top of the UPS $100 built in coverage.

Thanks for the responses gang! I too hope it shows up. I have just read the prior horror stories of UPS theft by employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    As a former UPS employee I can say while it doesn't happen frequently packages do get mis-placed. Chances are it either found its way on to the wrong delivery truck and will be returned at the end of the work day or if you're picking it up from a larger sorting facility (i.e. near a large city) it's not uncommon for there to be a mountain of packages waiting for customer pick-up. In this case packages can be difficult to find.

As for the UPS drivers leaving notices without ringing the doorbell that is a very strange practice considering they are just going to return the next day and attempt to deliver it again. I would jump through hoops to deliver the package on the first attempt. One less package I had to worry about the next day.

I hope they find it that's for sure and just in case they can't I hope there was insurance on top of the UPS $100 built in coverage.
    I must be lucky, I'd have to second some of these positives. My UPS guy has actually circled back to see if I got home so he can give me my package. Pretty awesome.

UPS also doesn't ring the door bell in my neighborhood. I've always wondered if this was just a UPS thing or regional, or as it appears now, up to the driver. They left a brand new 27" iMac just sitting on my porch haha.

Talk with UPS on the phone, find out where the local sort facility is and get a phone number. If you call the sort facility, and are nice and respectful, someone might go look for it. I've had this happen, and was told they couldn't find it. I had a supervisor call me back, then I respectfully insisted that it had to be there, and sure enough they found it. They were surprised and apologetic, but they found it. It had been there for over a week. There was some sort of issue with the address label - it had been damaged and was missing some important information, so ended up buried in a pile. They were able to find it because it had an odd shape (box of one-piece pool cues).

Persistence can be the key.

Also, my UPS locally is great. Extremely friendly driver. Same when I lived in downtown Seattle - the driver even brought treats for my dog.