Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Opinions: To sign or not to sign?

About a year ago I finally got my hands on a Grail item: a Randy White game used jersey. Pounded. Anyway I noticed Randy will be signing at a show in Chicago in a couple weeks and am torn on whether to get it signed by him or not. I'm leaning towards no but wanted to get opinions. Discuss.

Re: Opinions: To sign or not to sign?

I wouldn't .... it was not signrd when he wore it .

Is it possible to find a photo of him in the jersey and have him sign the photo instead? You could possibly display the photo and jersey together. Just a thought if your not positive about having the jersey signed.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

I am not a big fan of having game used jerseys signed. I usually take pics of the jersey & make a 8X10 collage with the jersey & photo of the jersey being used in a game if possible. I then get the player to sign the photo.

I did that with my Dane Sardinha jersey & will have that done with my Kurt Suzuki jerseys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with the previous replies. I wouldn't get a GU jersey signed, although I would get a GU bat or glove signed. I like the idea of having a picture of him wearing the jersey signed instead.

I think it depends. If he recognizes it as a jersey of his or if you can show him a photo match, maybe he tags it with a nice GU XXXX on it. Then I think you get it signed.

Banned

There's nothing like a nice signature of a great player on one of his gamers, adds value to it, especially if you can get him to add a nice inscription.

"How 'bout some more beans, Mr. Taggart?" is always a great one for a Cowboy.

Whatever you choose, I wish you well in your decision making.

Love all the opinions and as I almost expected it seems there is no consensus. I do have 3 photos of him wearing the jersey. Actually was worn in the January 1986 playoff loss to the Rams as well as the week before against the 49ers when he got a sack on Montana. Would asking him to write "playoff game used" add value? Does anyone have any experience with asking athletes to inscribe such a thing. Like I said I have 3 clear photo matches on it

Here is one of my examples. Sometimes guys are more than happy to especially for a premium item like that but other times guys are just there for the quick payday and will not even look at you or acknowledge that you exist. Chris Sale was a cool dude, he took the time to talk to you and give out a nice sig and inscription. I asked him about the jersey and he explained that they received 2 bp jerseys one for each day and he had the other one. Mine is MLB authenticated to the derby and workout day.
    Attached Images Attached Images