Quote Originally Posted by GrndSlm View Post
Nice Helmet !! That helmet originally came from my office. I started working for Jose in the early 90"s with my marketing company (Grand Slam Marketing) before I became his agent and closed the marketing side. Jose was the first player that started marketing his game used stuff. He did this because after his 40/40 season he would get most or all of his bats stolen during most road trips. He asked the team for help on this and they just brushed it aside....Jose eventually got upset and started purchasing his gear himself. This way HE controlled were and how his items were protected. Once he started controlling his memorabilia then he started offering it to his fans !! It was never a money issue but Jose saw way to much fake items being sold to his fans. This became a trend with AROD, Jr. , Bonds and others to form the direct link from player to fans that you see today. Now, in my opinion, alot of the game used gear today is being mass produced which was not Jose's intention in the early 90's.
Have fun and enjoy the helmet !!! Do you still have the LOA from Grand Slam available?

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

Hi Juan,

Thanks for sharing that. I always look forward to your replys on Canseco threads.

The only LOA that I have for the helmet is roughly 5 by 7. It has a green border and an Oakland A's logo on the top left corner. It says "from the Desk of Jose Canseco and it's signed by him. He says that the helmet was used during the 1990 regular season. It doesn't mention Grand Slam specifically. Is this the one you are referring to or was there another LOA? I'm so thankfull to have this helmet. I love it.

Thanks

-Jason