Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ray Lewis Jersey

An employee of the Ravens offered this to me for sale. He worked for the team from 1998-2006. He says that Ray Lewis gave it to him as a gift and that it's game used. I collect baseball and don't know much about Football jerseys. Can someone please give me some advice/opinions on the authenticity and value? Thank you.

Re: Ray Lewis Jersey

I am no expert on Ravens tagging or Ray Lewis jersey characteristics, but that jersey appears to show no use at all. As such, I would consider to be, at best, issued. The Jamal Lewis (I'm assuming that's him on the rear "2") signature detracts strongly from the value of the jersey in my opinion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    I am no expert on Ravens tagging or Ray Lewis jersey characteristics, but that jersey appears to show no use at all. As such, I would consider to be, at best, issued. The Jamal Lewis (I'm assuming that's him on the rear "2") signature detracts strongly from the value of the jersey in my opinion as well.
    It has grass stains.

In looking at photos from 2000, it doesn't look like he wore his jerseys tucked in and they were not that long:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not game used by Ray lewis. Cut seems wrong. As far as I know it's the incorrect size and the collar is all wrong.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

I don't know much about football jerseys but 48 seems small to me. Just looks like it would be larger than that for a guy that size.

Football players wear extremely small jerseys so they can't be held by them.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDoug View Post
    Football players wear extremely small jerseys so they can't be held by them.
    Thanks for the info. Makes sense.

Can any experts chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by Bestsports View Post
    Can any experts chime in?
    I used to work at the shop in Baltimore that did some lettering on the jerseys for the team. Nothing in this example would lead me to believe that is was meant for Ray Lewis. Looks 100% like a team issue jersey, but not for him. He usually had multiple alterations including sleeve and waist elastic added and neck widening. Jerseys from his rookie year sometimes do not have these, but by 2000 he was clearly altering them.

Also, the middle point of the W looks off. If you look through Ravens' jerseys throughout the years, the point always comes to the top off the letter. They also appear a bit too wide. If I had to guess, I would say that this jersey found it's way to a customization shop that did a very good, but not perfect, job of lettering it.