Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Heritage Auctions shipping dept........sucks.

So Monday will be exactly 21 days they've had my money and my one lone item still has not shipped. Made a call 10 days after payment sent and was told it would ship out by weeks end with confirmation email and tracking number. Week came and went. Called this past Monday explained I wanted it to go out by Wed before the holiday rush. Was told that it should go out by Tues or Wed but if I wanted to pay an extra $15 I could guarantee that......which I did not do after explaining this was my first time bidding in their auction and first impressions and all...... And it's just one jersey! Not much packing required. Put it in a box and go! Well day 18 was today and no email. Will call again Monday day 21. Anybody have a contact there I can ask for? Anybody have this same experience? And don't get me started on trying to navigate and understand their website! Total cluster.....

Re: Heritage Auctions shipping dept........sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    So Monday will be exactly 21 days they've had my money and my one lone item still has not shipped. Made a call 10 days after payment sent and was told it would ship out by weeks end with confirmation email and tracking number. Week came and went. Called this past Monday explained I wanted it to go out by Wed before the holiday rush. Was told that it should go out by Tues or Wed but if I wanted to pay an extra $15 I could guarantee that......which I did not do after explaining this was my first time bidding in their auction and first impressions and all...... And it's just one jersey! Not much packing required. Put it in a box and go! Well day 18 was today and no email. Will call again Monday day 21. Anybody have a contact there I can ask for? Anybody have this same experience? And don't get me started on trying to navigate and understand their website! Total cluster.....
    Really, pay extra to guarantee that they ship an item that should have been shipped already? What a crock, sounds like a scam.

I bought 1 item and payed by echeck. Called on Wed the 26th. Was told the hold my money for 5 days before the release to the shipping dept. Then 7-10 days till they ship, so it should ship out next week I was told. There math of days it takes to ship is just a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by tjjmarshall View Post
    I bought 1 item and payed by echeck. Called on Wed the 26th. Was told the hold my money for 5 days before the release to the shipping dept. Then 7-10 days till they ship, so it should ship out next week I was told. There math of days it takes to ship is just a little off.
    That is exactly what they told me and by my count even going long on the times my item should've shipoed this Wed at the latest. Forgot to mention that my shipping and handling fees they charged me were about $32 total for one jersey. Can you imagine they needed that extra $15!

Do they not take credit cards?

I have noticed lately that shipping costs from some of these auction houses is crazy. Not to mention you would figure it would be shipped priority or something and it ships FedEx ground. lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by onlyalbert View Post
    Don't mess around with the "help". Ask for Chris Ivy.

Well, this is all some really good and troubling information. I never realized consignors were allowed to shill their stuff to infinity. Prob because I would never be able to find that info on their website! Really, easily the worst and most confusing site I've ever seen. Thank you Shaim I will be calling Chris Ivy first thing Monday. This jersey was sort of a Grail. Otherwise I would've given up once I viewed the site the first time. Unless I ever see something else I can't live without I have a feeling this will be my only experience with them. And I will let them know this.....once I get confirmation my jersey is out the door.

IT GETS BETTER!!!!!

There is a long thread about this over at Net54. I called Chris directly and talked to him about it. Not only can consignors bid on their own stuff, but Chris told me that HERITAGE ITSELF will sometimes put in bids if they feel that an item is undervalued! That's right: you're bidding against other bidders, the consignor, and the auction house!

I'll let that one sink in a while...

Thumbs up Re: Heritage Auctions shipping dept........sucks.

Ouch....

ill never bid with them again! ever!