Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Wink Re: December 2014 Pickup....

I agree with Dave. Looks to be "team issued". My question is more principal based; why would a late inning reliever order bats? Most times I've seen them have an at bat, they just end up using someone else's bat. Still a cool item though!

Re: December 2014 Pickup....

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    Picked up this Brad Lidge autographed bat. MLB sticker is for the signature only.

Looking for a little help with this pickup too as I'm not a bat guy by any means. I've gathered it's not store bought, but is it a promo bat or a game issued bat? There are no stamps/marking on the handle. Thanks in advance for any help!
    I would say this is more of a promotional/trophy type of bat. I wouldn't say game issued due to the lack of model number on the barrel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com

Picked up these items at the Phillies Authentics Sale.

Brian Schneider Game-Issued Batting Helmet (shows use)

Jeff Mathis Game-Issued Bat (cracked)

Foul Balls from Christian Yelich, Jose Fernandez off of Cole Hamels, Marcell Ozuna

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    From the photo, I'd believe it to be game-issued, but unused.

Dave Miedema
    Bat is also missing the model number and only has GENUINE over Lidge's name which would make it a souvenir bat.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    Picked up this Brad Lidge autographed bat. MLB sticker is for the signature only.

Looking for a little help with this pickup too as I'm not a bat guy by any means. I've gathered it's not store bought, but is it a promo bat or a game issued bat? There are no stamps/marking on the handle. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Its a promo. The White Sox sell these quit a bit. I believe there is a Thome on ebay at the moment exactly like this and they have sold some Abreu and Konerko bats as of late like these.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Its a promo. The White Sox sell these quit a bit. I believe there is a Thome on ebay at the moment exactly like this and they have sold some Abreu and Konerko bats as of late like these.
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...g+model+number

Here's a thread on model-less bats.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Banned

Angry Re: December 2014 Pickup....

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Bat is also missing the model number and only has GENUINE over Lidge's name which would make it a souvenir bat.

Brain fart! I didn't catch that, David. That part would cause me to revise my thinking to align with yours.

Dave M.

Picked this up off eBay

Thank you,

Shaun Harr
    shaun.harr@yahoo.com
    Always look for game used anything of J.R. Towles, Ross Stripling, Tyler Naquin, and German Duran.

Thanks so much for all the help and info on the bat to everyone! Fun item to have for cheap, and glad to know more about it now. It is times like this that I truly appreciate being part of this community!
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Quote Originally Posted by rudyjj18 View Post
    My question is more principal based; why would a late inning reliever order bats? Most times I've seen them have an at bat, they just end up using someone else's bat.
    Mike Fetters told me that he always ordered bats, even though he never had a single at-bat in sixteen years in the majors.