Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Players with over priced gamers

I know we've all thought this before... Why does his stuff sell for a premium when compared to similar players prices?

So I want to know who do you think falls in to the over priced category?

This all came about when I was trying to work a deal for an Ian Kinsler bat. A player I've always admired but never understood why his items sell for the amount they do. Don't get me wrong he is a good player but is he a superstar? I'm not so sure about that.

Anyways lets here it who do you think is over priced?

Re: Players with over priced gamers

we had this talk over the almora bat....people are starting at the minor league level and its trending from then on....for example look at kris bryant, anything he signs, used or basically with his name on it is outrageous...he hasnt even stepped in the majors yet. dont get me wrong I think he has superstar potential but what has he proved in the majors to have superstar pricing?

Current NFL stars. The stuff of many current players sells for more than HOFers stuff.

David Ortiz. Can't understand the premium on his items considering his PED allegations.

I find it amazing how people are asking $3000 to $4000 for a non-graded/MLB authenticated game used Mike Trout bat. Albert Pujols has had an incredible career up to this point and definitely is going to the Hall of Fame and I paid $800 for a 2002 GU9 SAMs bat on eBay last year which I'm looking to photo match. On average common GU Pujols Bats sell for around $1500. It looks like Mike Trout sells any and everything he uses so if he has a 15 year career and has the usual ups and downs, how many items will be out there and can people honestly believe his stuff will be worth that price they are paying today?

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    I find it amazing how people are asking $3000 to $4000 for a non-graded/MLB authenticated game used Mike Trout bat. Albert Pujols has had an incredible career up to this point and definitely is going to the Hall of Fame and I paid $800 for a 2002 GU9 SAMs bat on eBay last year which I'm looking to photo match. On average common GU Pujols Bats sell for around $1500. It looks like Mike Trout sells any and everything he uses so if he has a 15 year career and has the usual ups and downs, how many items will be out there and can people honestly believe his stuff will be worth that price they are paying today?
    I agree with you. Pujols' numbers his first three seasons are better than Trouts and he already is guaranteed HOF enshrinement.

Andrew Jones I just don't get it.

Dontrelle Willis once again I do not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I agree with you. Pujols' numbers his first three seasons are better than Trouts and he already is guaranteed HOF enshrinement.
    Been a while since I looked at Albert's stat line especially his very early career numbers... Wow. You have to wonder what his stuff would sell for today if he was just breaking in to the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Andrew Jones I just don't get it.

Dontrelle Willis once again I do not get it.
    Couldn't agree more.

This isn't player specific, but NFL Auctions prices are absurd. An Eddie Lacy jersey going for $7,000??? That's Jerry Rice type money. A Jason Witten signed ball for $700???? Absolutely ridiculous. People over there are paying 2 and 3 GRAND for star player ISSUED jerseys. Total loons......

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Pujols' numbers in his first two seasons weren't better than Trout's. Also, Trout's first full season was a year younger than Pujols'.

Beyond that, I think the worst priced gamers have to be minor league hockey. Jerseys will sell for $1000+ for players who are highly unlikely to be future NHL stars.