Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New User - GU Bat price help

Hi everyone -

New user here and I need a little help. I've been a long time collector of Red Sox game used bats from the 40's to present. I'm at the point where I'm going to start to selling some off. I see on this site there is a "Bat Price Guide" which will give me the latest values and selling prices, but for some reason, when I try to upgrade to a "Basic" Membership, the GUU website isn't accepting payments via credit card. I am getting an error message when I try to sign up. The GUU phone number on "Contact Us" is also disconnected. Is this aspect of the site still up and running? How do users here normally put a fair value assessment on their items? Thanks very much for the help.

Re: New User - GU Bat price help

Let me know what you have!
    pjlepakATsbcglobalDOTnet

This should help to some extent.

http://www.psacard.com/BatFacts/

Thanks, am aware of the PSA one and it does help to some extent for the HOF guys. Some of what I'm looking to unload first will be guys that were popular locally, such as Jackie Jensen, Walt Dropo, and Mike "Pinky" Higgins. I obviously know what I have into them, but these were bought years ago, so there will be fluctuations both in my favor and against. Does anyone here use the "Bat Price Guide" - still up and running? I'm curious as to why it won't let me upgrade my membership here if it is....

Looking at eBay and recent auction results is always a good place to start
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

If you have a Nomar gamer - I would be interested
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aphanna25 View Post
    Thanks, am aware of the PSA one and it does help to some extent for the HOF guys. Some of what I'm looking to unload first will be guys that were popular locally, such as Jackie Jensen, Walt Dropo, and Mike "Pinky" Higgins. I obviously know what I have into them, but these were bought years ago, so there will be fluctuations both in my favor and against. Does anyone here use the "Bat Price Guide" - still up and running? I'm curious as to why it won't let me upgrade my membership here if it is....
    I can't imagine any kind of "price guide" is going to be current. I'd check with MEARS or Hunt's or other auction houses for prices realized. You'll have to search comparable players, though, since I can't remember any of the three you mentioned being sold.

FWIW, and this is going to anger people, you may want to consider an auction format. I know I'd be interested in two of these, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Ken

I've been considering auction, just to let the market decide what the value on these should be given how scarce some of these gamers may be. I'm going to do some more digging around for comparable players in each era for a base comparison, and if it's too difficult to ascertain, may just let the auctions fly.

Yes, I've got a Nomar as well, but that is one I am likely to keep for the time being.

Thanks

Hi, I am a collector of Red Sox bats, mostly from 1960 to the present and I would be very interested in talking to you about your collection. And a possible bulk purchase. I have thought at times about liquidation strategy, although not interested in doing that now, still acquiring. I can also give you a decent idea about pricing.

Feel free to email me at soxbats at aol dot com

Thanks!

Play around on this and see if it's helpful..

https://www.pricerealized.com/#/

I could be interested in a few players if you have them, if you would like to contact me-- nathanieldevlin@yahoo dot com