Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

What is this? Japan Jersey from 1984

Hello Vintage Enthusiasts,

I'm a sucker for jerseys from the 1980s, so I picked this up... But what is it? Perhaps a baseball or soccer jersey? It was manufactured by Descente and has their tag in the inside tail. Interestingly, the factory tagging includes the uniform number "9" and the year "84," something I don't recall seeing from Descente before.

Everything is sewn on, to include the letters, numbers and Japanese flag.

If you happen to know what this is, I'd love to know! Many thanks -- Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Re: What is this? Japan Jersey from 1984

Hello, this jersey looks like a womens softball olympic style that could have been used in country tournaments. I have a good friend who played 12 years in Japan's major league and he's given me 9 game uniforms and none compare with this style. Hope you get a more definitive answer

Quote Originally Posted by jtnatalierica View Post
    Hello, this jersey looks like a womens softball olympic style that could have been used in country tournaments. I have a good friend who played 12 years in Japan's major league and he's given me 9 game uniforms and none compare with this style. Hope you get a more definitive answer
    That's great info, thanks. I have not found any images of a similar jersey anywhere on the web.... Not that the photos aren't out there somewhere, but I just haven't seen 'em!

Many thanks again -- Anthony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Just looking at the design of the shirt, my first guess was youth/teen soccer. My friend who went to HS/college in Japan had that same style of shirt for his soccer uniform.