Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Jersey case hangers

Looking for different hanger-systems that would go inside a baseball jersey case/shadowbox.

Thanks -
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • esquiresports
    • Mar 2012

Re: Jersey case hangers

I just use a black non-slip hanger and add some non-slip shoulder pads (from BBB). If you want something fancier, I think these look pretty cool:

www.shirtwhiz.com/?gclid=CJyLvMSY38ICFRBgfgodj40Avg

Comment

• esquiresports
      • Mar 2012

Let's try that link again...

Our patented Jersey hanger is the preferred solution to hang your jersey and a better alternative to jersey display cases and shadow boxes. The JerseyGenius is adjustable, lightweight, affordable and allows you to take your jersey down and wear it any time. What’s the best way to hang a Jersey? A JerseyGenius!

Comment

• paul457
        • Dec 2012

Copied something I posted from another thread:

Originally posted by paul457

I build my own shadow boxes - I get the frames from www.framesbymail.com, cut to the size I need for the jersey (28" x 38" German silver). I then get the matting, backer, plexiglass, and cloth for the inner trim locally.

I build the hanger out of 3/4" aluminum tubing, the middle piece is an IKEA cabinet knob. I also put some cloth on the hanger to protect the jersey. It's a bit of work, but I'm picky and it's exactly the look I wanted.

WTB -
        Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
        Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
        Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Comment

• skyking26
          • Dec 2005

The backing will be like a velvet or soft material; so a shirwhiz etc won't work. Thinking of a long hanger thru a small screweye above?

If people could post other ideas I'd appreciate. I used the device the gentleman with the Patriots jersey used last time but that was pretty expensive...
          ROBERT KOPPEL
          Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Comment

• SSB15
            • Nov 2005

I use Ultra-Mount jersey holders. They work great. I would type Ultra-Mount into google to find the website.

Comment

• skyking26
              • Dec 2005

I used Ultra Mount on my last case. If anyone could go over in a message step by step how to do photos I'd show off my last case. The Ultra Mount is a bit pricey for just the hanger. I build shadow boxes with Suede backgrounds. So; that said - any other ideas?
              ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• esquiresports
                • Mar 2012

Here is an example of a black no-slip hanger with "shoulder pads" added. With a black background, the hanger is practically invisible. There is no stress on the jersey. It floats inside the box. It connects via a simple eye hook installed into the top of the box. The round part of the hangar is concealed by the matting. I do these myself. 30x40 box from Michaels and two or three mats that I cut and add spacers (thin strips of foam core). I also have a template for the placards. I usually use a suede-like top mat, but for really dark colors, it's a bit of a waste.

Comment

• skyking26
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by esquiresports
                  Here is an example of a black no-slip hanger with "shoulder pads" added. With a black background, the hanger is practically invisible. There is no stress on the jersey. It floats inside the box. It connects via a simple eye hook installed into the top of the box. The round part of the hangar is concealed by the matting. I do these myself. 30x40 box from Michaels and two or three mats that I cut and add spacers (thin strips of foam core). I also have a template for the placards. I usually use a suede-like top mat, but for really dark colors, it's a bit of a waste.

Ok; this may be what I am after. Something simple. The current box I am working on is like the blue u see in Mets uniforms. If you would; could u email me the particulars and where I would find the parts for the hanger system u did... and what they are? Everything else is complete on the shadowbox right now that I am doing.

skyking442@hotmail.com
                  ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

• Lhaso
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by esquiresports

Esquire, I would love if you could post some step by step instructions on how you assemble one your shadow boxes. Those really do look fantastic!

Comment

• skyking26
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Lhaso
                      Esquire, I would love if you could post some step by step instructions on how you assemble one your shadow boxes. Those really do look fantastic!
                      AGREED
                      ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

Working...