Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BirdsOnBat
    • Sep 2014

Re: MLB/team shilling?

That being said, I just looked through the CardsGurl bids for the last few months and I agree they lean towards the beliefs of the original poster and would be worth a message to the team if someone was so inclined.

Comment

• sherbal15
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by gorilla777
      I was going to add I quit looking at items due to bidding by NEWYORK25 and MTC and others, so sorry maybe I'm wrong.
      Then I gave up long ago on NFL Auctions, think the name was like Steadynitenson? I was run up by 45 plus bids on a Niners jersey and saw it happening on all the other team players, but that was a year plus ago.

Looks like NEWYORK25 is reading the posts........currently bidding on the Wacha jersey listed for auction. Funny, I don't see cardsgurl16 "interested" in the newest stuff on auction.....

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by sherbal15
        The items are shilled to the point where the next bid triggers the reserve price. The items are getting sold at an artificial price
        The reserves are consistently getting met. Check the history of "recently closed items" on the team page. Go to the recently closed/ended auctions where reserves are met. See whose name appears throughout (cardsgurl16) so there is no confusion).
        You're the one who introduced the question of supposed shills bidding up to the reserve, but not triggering it. In the scenario you originally were complaining about, since no sale was affected, there would be no recourse against the seller. (4) indicates that the winning bidder, if they can prove the seller shill bid, would be given the option of purchasing at the price created by the last legitimate bid or giving up the item. If your supposed shills only bid up to below the reserve, then it's irrelevant. The buyer would need to prove that the highest losing bid was a shill bid in order for the UCC to be considered.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
          • Feb 2014

Looks like NEWYORK25 is reading the posts........currently bidding on the Wacha jersey listed for auction. Funny, I don't see cardsgurl16 "interested" in the newest stuff on auction.....
          Maybe enough people complained about that account, and it was suspended. Maybe cardsgurl16 is on vacation or at work today. We aren't privy to this information, so we can't really assume anything.

Comment

• jbean023
            • Nov 2011

I have spoke with MLB and they want to look into this issue. Please provide me all user names you suspect of schill bidding, I will report to them and let you know the outcome.

Thanks

Comment

• sherbal15
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by jbean023
              I have spoke with MLB and they want to look into this issue. Please provide me all user names you suspect of schill bidding, I will report to them and let you know the outcome.

Thanks
              Cardsgurl16 - this is the only one I can confidently question at this point.

Comment

• jbean023
                • Nov 2011

Anyone else want to add to the list. I got an email about the bidder Terms? Anyone is welcome to email me to add to the list.

Thanks

Comment

• BVC
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by jbean023

Thanks
                  Based on my experiences bidding on Nationals items in MLB auctions, I didn't think the MLB people really cared, so this is at least encouraging news.

The impression I get, based on both NFL and MLB auctions, and individual team auctions, is that most of those involved think we are a bunch of idiots who are going to spend our money on things we want, regardless of shilling and regardless of whether or not the items are even legit. What evidence have we provided to make them think otherwise?

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                    • Feb 2011

Cardsgurl16 - this is the only one I can confidently question at this point.
                    I agree here!

Comment

• TBM
                      • Aug 2015

I see terms and 509th bidding a lot. However I have seen items that terms has won showing up on eBay. The auction for Johnny Cueto First Game-Used Royals Jersey - Size 52 was won by terms for $918 and showed up for $5000 on eBay a few days after they won it.

Comment

• onlyalbert
                        • Jan 2011

How ironic that since the question has been raised about this bidder ID on here that not one bid has been placed using it and several auctions have ran..........interesting. And I am seeing several new IDs that are completely new to the bidding on Cardinals auctions.

Comment

• sherbal15
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by onlyalbert
                          How ironic that since the question has been raised about this bidder ID on here that not one bid has been placed using it and several auctions have ran..........interesting. And I am seeing several new IDs that are completely new to the bidding on Cardinals auctions.
                          I am thinking Cardsgurl16 is just on vacation or busy at work

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
                            • Dec 2013

Should be noted you can change your Bidder ID so the person could have just changed it. I try to change my after every item I win just so my identity won't effect how others bid against me.

Comment

• sherbal15
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com
                              Should be noted you can change your Bidder ID so the person could have just changed it. I try to change my after every item I win just so my identity won't effect how others bid against me.
                              Interesting. I am changing my user name to be Curt Shilling this afternoon.

Comment

• gorilla777
                                • Aug 2009

Is this problem with suspected shill bidding still going on in MLB Auctions?...I have not bid for a few years, as every time it seemed like Terms or Mustafa Cat would run me up incessantly. So, I popped over there recently and tracked some items the last few weeks and most of the gear I looked at had Joe Soss and some other names putting bid after bid on them, and it wasn't for just one player. If legit, I can't understand the bidding strategy, other than to just to run guys up. Maybe this is coincidental, I know the card companies bid heavy...Is the same issue happening on Cardinals gear that was discussed above?

Comment

Working...