Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: MLB/team shilling?

Shill bidding is Fraud and is absolutely illegal:

http://www.addleshawgoddard.com/www/...parent_id=2439

It behooves everybody here to send an email or two to MLB to let them know about these criminal activities occurring on their own websites.

auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/manageUserEmail!showEmailContactUsForm.action?sid= 1101001

Include specific examples in your email so they have something to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    Shill bidding is Fraud and is absolutely illegal:

http://www.addleshawgoddard.com/www/...parent_id=2439

It behooves everybody here to send an email or two to MLB to let them know about these criminal activities occurring on their own websites.

auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/manageUserEmail!showEmailContactUsForm.action?sid= 1101001

Include specific examples in your email so they have something to investigate.

Ill ask you again. Please show examples of them shilling the auctions. Oh that's right, you don't have proof or anything that the teams themselves are shilling auctions.

The Cardinals have all the money in the world, I highly doubt they'd risk their credibility over a few hundred dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOnBat View Post
    The Cardinals have all the money in the world, I highly doubt they'd risk their credibility over a few hundred dollars.
    I am not by any means suggesting ownership would condone the activity whatsoever

These auctions are run by people making a very modest middle class wage. If their contract renewal is based off how much they sell things for or what their auctions look like I'd think one would be VERY motivated to schill.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    These auctions are run by people making a very modest middle class wage. If their contract renewal is based off how much they sell things for or what their auctions look like I'd think one would be VERY motivated to schill.
    The info would get back to management in an organization as big as that one. There are assistants to the assistant's assistant. Someone will notice.

The info would get back to management in an organization as big as that one. There are assistants to the assistant's assistant. Someone will notice.
    Really? Who is going to know if I go home(or to a friend's), make an mlb auction account, and then start bidding.

No one is going to know unless I tell someone.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Really? Who is going to know if I go home(or to a friend's), make an mlb auction account, and then start bidding.

No one is going to know unless I tell someone.
    Hundreds of independent auditors review every detail of every piece of business the club conducts. It just takes one metric being reviewed to throw a red flag. I'm sure they review the bid histories of their auctions and the personal information associated with those accounts in order to leverage the specific interests of those customers.

It's possible no one notices, sure, but again, it's not like it's a guy in a basement calling himself an auction house with no accountability.