Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Steiner "game Issued" Jason Giambi Jersey

I don't even want to get started on this one, but would love to hear what all the Steiner supporters have to say about this one, it seems highly unlikely that the Yankees would have pulled this one from George's vault of goodies as part of "The Yankees-Steiner Collectibles program, a direct partnership between the New York Yankees Baseball Club and the Steiner Sports Memorabilia," they hope that you enjoy adding this "amazing item to you collection!!! Glad it wasn't me

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    I don't even want to get started on this one, but would love to hear what all the Steiner supporters have to say about this one, it seems highly unlikely that the Yankees would have pulled this one from George's vault of goodies as part of "The Yankees-Steiner Collectibles program, a direct partnership between the New York Yankees Baseball Club and the Steiner Sports Memorabilia," they hope that you enjoy adding this "amazing item to you collection!!! Glad it wasn't me
    We previously discussed this jersey and whoever did the LOA screwed up, pure and simple. “Game Issued” and “replica” do not belong in the same description.

Unless the COA is a fake, it appears to be an honest mistake. As a matter of fact, that jersey should not even have an LOA, the only replicas they sell are ones that are signed, so it would normally have just a COA card—with that jersey being unsigned, there is really nothing to authenticate.

Bob Malandro has a great site on eBay with jerseys for anyone that hasn't seen it.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...QQsassZrmmm912

That's my opinion as a Steiner supporter!!! Andrew

More of the same from Steiner, as far as I am concerened, there is no room for this type of "Honest mistake" from Steiner. But when you have no clue of what you are selling, I can see how this would happen!! Too bad for the average Joe collector who is banking on Steiner's reputation and affiliation with the Yankees. If this was an Honest mistake the jersey being a replica, would be signed and the letter would have stated so. The mistake would have been in including the word "issued" clearly this is not the case. Using the word "replica" should have been followed by their search for the autograph.

George