Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steiner "game Issued" Jason Giambi Jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/JASON-GIAMBI-Gam...QQcmdZViewItem

.....What exactly is Steiner thinking with this LOA?How can a replica jersey be "game issued".This is nothing more than an authentic jersey that was available during '03 (note the 100th anniversary and World Series patches) at any Modell's or MLB.com.Tag in the neck,"R" embroidered on the sleeve...and it's game issued?This seems pretty reckless as the seller goes on to explain this jersey was issued (but not worn) to Giambi for use in a game,possibly even the World Series.If Steiner's LOA had just called it an Authentic replica,no problem...but what they've written it up as is MIGHTY misleading!

Just goes to prove what gets said a million times over on this siteo Your Homework!!

-Joe

Banned

Re: Steiner "game Issued" Jason Giambi Jersey

Good point Joe. I've been hunting for a Giambi gamer, an A's one and they're hard to find. I ended up winning a game used hat on ebay that was ASI authenticatedm so that was cool. I met Jason once, he's a real stand up guy. I'm also a huge McGwire collector and only am interested in A's gear, but it seems there's way more Yankess and Cardinals stuff respectively!!

Aaron

Banned

2000mvp I have to disagree with you!!! not in a bad way though!!!

But who is to say that the seller isnt trying to pass off the retail Jersey as a Giambi Game Issued????

Your automatically blaming Steiner which isn't fair because Steiner isn't the one selling it!!!

Its not like a person has to do much work to switch information to another jersey. I am nto saying the current seller did this it could have been sold to him like this from either Steiner or another seller or he might have well did it himself. But it is unfair to blame Steiner!!

Suave, in the LOA, Steiner did say that it's a "Replica."

I believe this jersey has been talked about before.

Suave-
    ....what concerns me is not the seller's description,but STEINER'S LOA which describes the jersey as being a game-issued replica.Face it,Steiner dropped the ball on this one....this isn't the first time they've been taken to task for not knowing what they've got.As far as the seller,he's just describing the item based on what Steiner wrote in their own LOA...unless you're saying that the seller faked a Steiner LOA,which I find highly unlikely.

As the Mad Dog might say,"Bad job by Steiner on this one,Mikey"...

Joe

Banned

Ok I read the letter I agree with what your saying but here is something interesting the seller is showing a World Series patch but thats not stated in the LOA.

Suave-
    If you also notice,there's an MLB hologram on the Authentic tag.Why try to fake this jersey when it's that simple to go to MLB's website and see what they say the jersey is.I'm not bashing Steiner..they have some great stuff (though I'd never pay their prices on Giambi game used),but face the facts-they screwed this one up royally.

Joe

Banned

I agree with you this could definitely be a mess up but as far as referring to a Mlb hologram it looks like a Steiner Hologram not an Mlb. Could be wrong though!!

Suave-
    ..No..those perfectly round holos are MLB,Steiner's are more of an oval shape.

Joe

Banned

2000mvp actually the new steiner holograms are oval the older ones were perfectly circle. Which they recently introduced the oval ones so if this sold a while ago chances are its a Steiner Hologram. What makes it even more sure its a Steiner Holgram is that MLB usuallt places there holgrams on the number on the back, Steiner usually places them on the tag on the front.