Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

OJ Simpson Painted Ball

I wanted to get some opinions on this ball. Do you all think this is just a signed OJ ball that was painted by someone or do you think this was actually a presentation football that belonged to OJ at some point?
    The COA is from a Pro Bowl auction so it has good provenance. I'm just kind of unsure what it is that I have. Either way I got it at a good price and think it's a pretty cool 1/1 piece.*

Re: OJ Simpson Painted Ball

Looks to me almost like a Stat signed football.

Just as the COA states.

So I did a quick search on Google and this Jim Kelly game ball popped up. In my opinion, this looks like a ball that was presented to OJ by the Bills. Not sure what the occasion would have been, but the painting style seems to be consistent with other Bills presentation game balls.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

I understand taking the COA literally as mentioned by Phil, but I was asking because inhad never seen one painted like this outside of a gameball or presentation ball. I see what the COA states but they are often made by people who don't know anything about the item. With that being said I bought it because I thought it was a cool item with the chance to be a steal but either way I was happy with the ball. I assume the person who paints gameballs for the Bills could be commissioned to do a ball but just seemed weird to do such an elaborate ball for an auction when they could of just had an autographed football and not many people would know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrcha View Post
    So I did a quick search on Google and this Jim Kelly game ball popped up. In my opinion, this looks like a ball that was presented to OJ by the Bills. Not sure what the occasion would have been, but the painting style seems to be consistent with other Bills presentation game balls.
    But the difference is that the Kelly ball states 'Game Ball'. The OJ does not. To me it is a stat ball.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    But the difference is that the Kelly ball states 'Game Ball'. The OJ does not. To me it is a stat ball.
    Understood. My point was that the painting style seems to be consistent with other team sourced presentation game balls. I have no idea why the stat ball would have been created. Maybe contacting the Bills or trying to hunt down the old equipment manager would help.

As to the Kelly ball stating "game ball" I do own 7 Chicago Bears presentation/game balls and none of them state "game ball."

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

It appears the OJ ball has the NFL Commisioner of Paul Tagliabue...if that's the case, it's NOT a game ball, as the NFL Commisioner in 1973 was Pete Rozelle...

Yeah it's a Tagliabue football for sure. I can see the signature below. I am hoping it for presented to OJ for some reason. Maybe something to do with being in the Bills HOF. I may try to contact the equipment manager. That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dwolfe12345 View Post
    I may try to contact the equipment manager. That's a good idea.
    Great idea because everything else would be guessing. That way hopefully will shed some light.