Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Zane Burns

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    This post started out with, "Does anyone know if there is a way to block an eBay user from showing in your search results? It would make life much easier if the hundreds of Zane's bats did not show up on eBay. Why he does not have his own website, is beyond me" and took a turn in a whole different direction, which can be perceived as negative.

There are many sellers who do the same thing.
    This is a good point. I guess for me, the issue is who Zane Burns is. He's a well known name within the collecting community, and people who dealt with him in the past (before eBay became the megalith that it is) swear by his items and integrity being good. I expect more from someone held in such regard. If Mr Burns were a random eBay seller, then I'd chalk it up to eBay being a den of thieves, but he's not: He's someone respected within this community. His position as a point of authority to some holds him to a higher standard.

It's like if Nick started selling off his Gwynn collection, then after five or six years decided to branch out to selling retail bats as game ready. Everyone would be up in arms. It's no different than the sea of murk on eBay, but the community knows him.

(Nick, I'm really not picking on you: I respect your knowledge about Gwynn, and I believe others do as well, which is how I think those defending Mr Burns view his degree of authority on game used bats.)

Again, my point is that Mr Burns *is* respected within the community. I suppose that I wrongfully hold him to a higher standard than the average eBay seller.

admin_old

Arrow Re: Zane Burns

trying to clean up this trainwreck .

I deleted posts that appeared to violate forum policies. As a reminder, if you have a concern about a specific item, you should contact the seller prior to posting on the forum. If the seller has been contacted, please include their response (if possible) as part of your post. Some of these posts contained false information and could unfairly affect someone's livelyhood.

I've always had positive interactions with Zane, for what it's worth.

To Scott's actual topic... Have you tried excluding unwanted sellers and then saving that search, so you don't have to re-enter the seller each time? I'll play with it and see what happens.

Doug

I have no problem with his bats, but it is annoying when I search "Game Used Bat" and newly listed and I have to go through 500 of his listings.

I'm more annoyed with searching on "game used bat" or "game used jersey" and coming back with hundreds of those game used cards
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Filtering ebay seller from searches

I've changed the title of the thread to reflect the question being asked.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    I'm more annoyed with searching on "game used bat" or "game used jersey" and coming back with hundreds of those game used cards
    +1

YES!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swainer View Post
    +1
    Could not agree more.

What what's wrong with looking through 14,000+ bats or 54,000+ jerseys.

I generally search for specific players, but even that can be a pain.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Filtering ebay seller from searches

You can eliminate the game used cards by adding -card in your search. The "minus" search feature doesn't seem to work for seller or store names.