X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nnunnari
    Banned
    • Sep 2006

Filtering ebay seller from searches

Does anyone know if there is a way to block an eBay user from showing in your search results? It would make life much easier if the hundreds of Zane's bats did not show up on eBay. Why he does not have his own website, is beyond me.
  • Phil316
    • May 2013

Re: Zane Burns

There is a way but I think it only blocks the current search so you would have to enter his user ID every time you do a search.

Comment

• seanbaseball
      • Aug 2014

I don't know of a way, but totally agree. Same bats, same prices.

Comment

• bgakladd
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Phil316
        There is a way but I think it only blocks the current search so you would have to enter his user ID every time you do a search.
        Go to advanced search link on the right side upper top and click. When that page comes up type in all the information that your looking for and scroll down till you come to sellers section. Click that box, and the gray include box will turn white and give you the option to EXCLUDE a seller. Click exclude and enter the seller's ID. Then go down to search and click. You will have to do this everytime you search, it doesn't stay on at that setting.
        Attached Files

Comment

• momen55
          • Aug 2006

i've tried that and it doesn't work anymore.

Comment

• Nnunnari
            Banned
            • Sep 2006

Thanks guys.

Comment

• 1929tudor
              • Oct 2010

The guy has had the same stuff for years because of his prices. Wouldn't you think like any store or even collector if the stuff doesn't sell lower the prices and move the stuff. Why hang onto it year after year after year with the same prices. I think he does lower them a little if you get the best offer option but not even close to what there worth in my opinion.

Comment

• seanbaseball
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by 1929tudor
                The guy has had the same stuff for years because of his prices. Wouldn't you think like any store or even collector if the stuff doesn't sell lower the prices and move the stuff. Why hang onto it year after year after year with the same prices. I think he does lower them a little if you get the best offer option but not even close to what there worth in my opinion.
                In his defense I bought a nice Schoendienst Cardinal bat from him at 40% less than asking. I understand listing a little higher and accepting offers but his stuff is around forever. Also I can say MY interaction with him on that deal was not a really friendly one. He gave one word answers and seemed annoyed by my emails and questions. MAybe he was having a bad week? Don't know.

Comment

• momen55
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by 1929tudor
                  true that. i've mentioned that to him and nothing. if anything, he'll raise the price. he doesn't care to sell anything, and it's obvious. same stuff for years. if he really wanted to sell, those prices would be within reach for everyone.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                    • Oct 2005

A few years ago, a prominent auction house sold a group of maybe 10 bats. I really wanted one, but the lot went higher than I was willing to go. I called the AH and asked if they would mind passing my contact info along to the winner, in hopes that maybe they would sell me the one bat I wanted. The woman at the AH said, "Sure, let me see who won it." After a few minutes on hold, she came back and said, "Don't bother." I thought this was odd, until a couple weeks later Zane listed "my" bat on ebay -- for about 3x what the entire lot went for, of course. I think he still has it listed today.

Ken

PS: For the record, way back in the day I had many pleasant transactions with Zane. I think his "bat blowout" ads were my all-time favorites in SCD. But it seems like he hasn't listed a bat that is anywhere near a reasonable selling price in ten years.

Comment

• yanks12025
                      • Jan 2006

What is this a witch hunt???

Comment

• seanbaseball
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by yanks12025
                        What is this a witch hunt???
                        I don't think anyone said hes a witch I think members here can express experiences/observations about all sellers, ebay/auction houses etc.

Comment

• bravesfanjd
                          • Mar 2013

I purchased a bat from Zane and I was happy with the quality and price I used the offer option and he accepted I would purchase from him again if he had a bat I wanted at a price I was willing to pay

Comment

• Westsiders
                            • May 2014

I too have dealt with Zane several times over the past year, including several purchases of mid-range g/u bats (both Taube graded bats, so use wasn't an issue for me). I found him to be very professional and willing to negotiate.

While his initial asking prices are unquestionably lofty, he's very knowledgable and knows what the true market value actually is. In the two purchases I made, he cut his price by more than half...to a point I felt was the true market value. During a third negotiation, he again cut his price considerably, but we simply couldn't agree on market value/price.

I am very happy with both purchases and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Comment

• seanbaseball
                              • Aug 2014

Bottom line: His stuff is good, hes knowledgeable, his asking prices are crazy and sometimes he accepts a reasonable offer. I marvel holding the inventory and relisting it for years, but its his deal. Wouldn't be my business plan.

Comment

Working...