What ever happened to Juan Gonzalez?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stkmtimo
    • Nov 2005

Re: What ever happened to Juan Gonzalez?

That Bush/Gonzalez signed picture is awesome and even cooler that Juan, the President and Mrs. Bush are all pictured. Great piece!

Tim

Comment

• 3arod13
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by stkmtimo
      That Bush/Gonzalez signed picture is awesome and even cooler that Juan, the President and Mrs. Bush are all pictured. Great piece!

Tim
      Tim, thanks! I've had the picture since 1996. Juan signed the picture for me in 2001 and President Bush signed it in 2003. It truly is a great piece!
      Attached Files
      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

Tony,

Awesome Gonzalez collection. It's a rewarding experience when the player you build a collection upon acknowledges and appreciates your interest.

Regardless of Juan's status in baseball he seems like are real classy guy.

David
        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by metsbats
          Tony,

Awesome Gonzalez collection. It's a rewarding experience when the player you build a collection upon acknowledges and appreciates your interest.

Regardless of Juan's status in baseball he seems like are real classy guy.

David
          David, thanks! Juan is a great guy. He signed many items for me, through Luis Mayoral, Spanish announcer and Juan's personal friend. I even had a message on my answering machine from Luis to contact him about Juan signing a few more items for me. Went to many games to see Juan play, but never had the pleasure to actually meet him in person. It truly saddens me to see his career end the way it has. Unfortunately, players worry to much about their personal number. Guess that's why I like Jeter also. His numbers aren't great, but he makes alot of other things happen and players around him play better. Tony
          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• kingjammy24
            • Nov 2005

"For the 2006-07 winter season, Gonzalez is playing for the Gigantes de Carolina of the Puerto Rican Professional Baseball League."

tony, don't be too sad for poor juan. he made over $87 mill in his career. collecting $87 mill for playing what is, at the end of the day, a relatively meaningless game isn't too bad of an ending. save your sadness for someone who deserves it.

rudy.

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by kingjammy24
              "For the 2006-07 winter season, Gonzalez is playing for the Gigantes de Carolina of the Puerto Rican Professional Baseball League."

tony, don't be too sad for poor juan. he made over $87 mill in his career. collecting $87 mill for playing what is, at the end of the day, a relatively meaningless game isn't too bad of an ending. save your sadness for someone who deserves it.

rudy.
              Rudy,

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize Juan was even still playing baseball. I knew he played for the Ducks, but thought he disappeared after that.

I'm not sad for Juan Gonzalez at all. I'm sad for us Juan Gonzalez fans and collectors that he decided to take the path of using steroids and ruining his career as he did. Without steroids, I'm not sure if he would have put up the numbers he did. We'll never know.

I love this forum and am glad I found this website! Great people with tremendous knowledge. I really like how every goes out of there way to help each others. Kudos to all in this forum!

All my best, Tony
              Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• allstarsplus
                • Nov 2005

Here is the latest toay on Juan Gonzalez:

Juan Gonzalez: A big hit in the Winter League for Puerto Rico, the former American League MVP said at least four Major League teams are interested in signing him for the 2007 season, and he is looking forward to reporting to a club for Spring Training in a few weeks.

According to published reports in Puerto Rico, where the Caribbean Series is being played, the Angels, Tigers and Orioles have all expressed interest in signing Gonzalez, who won MVP awards in 1996 and '98 with the Texas Rangers.

But he might want to scratch the Tigers off his list.

Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski told the Detroit Free Press that the Tigers are not interested in the slugger, who played for the Tigers in 2000, but turned down an eight-year, $140 million contract to become a free agent.

Gonzalez, 37, has hit 434 career home runs and driven in 1,404 runs in his 17-year career with Texas, Detroit, Kansas City and Cleveland.
                Regards,
                Andrew Lang
                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                202-716-8500

Comment

• zonker
                  • Sep 2006

great collection arod13 ! just wanted you to know if you are intersted? i have a pair of autographed juan gonzales game used cleats i think would be a nice addition to your collection if your still collecting juan. you can email me at mcfresonke@hotmail.com if you might want them

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by zonker
                    great collection arod13 ! just wanted you to know if you are intersted? i have a pair of autographed juan gonzales game used cleats i think would be a nice addition to your collection if your still collecting juan. you can email me at mcfresonke@hotmail.com if you might want them
                    Send pics to: arod13tb@yahoo.com and anthony.baldwin@navy.mil

Thnaks, Tony
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

Working...