Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What ever happened to Juan Gonzalez?

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    "For the 2006-07 winter season, Gonzalez is playing for the Gigantes de Carolina of the Puerto Rican Professional Baseball League."

tony, don't be too sad for poor juan. he made over $87 mill in his career. collecting $87 mill for playing what is, at the end of the day, a relatively meaningless game isn't too bad of an ending. save your sadness for someone who deserves it.

rudy.
    Rudy,

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize Juan was even still playing baseball. I knew he played for the Ducks, but thought he disappeared after that.

I'm not sad for Juan Gonzalez at all. I'm sad for us Juan Gonzalez fans and collectors that he decided to take the path of using steroids and ruining his career as he did. Without steroids, I'm not sure if he would have put up the numbers he did. We'll never know.

I love this forum and am glad I found this website! Great people with tremendous knowledge. I really like how every goes out of there way to help each others. Kudos to all in this forum!

All my best, Tony

Here is the latest toay on Juan Gonzalez:

Juan Gonzalez: A big hit in the Winter League for Puerto Rico, the former American League MVP said at least four Major League teams are interested in signing him for the 2007 season, and he is looking forward to reporting to a club for Spring Training in a few weeks.

According to published reports in Puerto Rico, where the Caribbean Series is being played, the Angels, Tigers and Orioles have all expressed interest in signing Gonzalez, who won MVP awards in 1996 and '98 with the Texas Rangers.

But he might want to scratch the Tigers off his list.

Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski told the Detroit Free Press that the Tigers are not interested in the slugger, who played for the Tigers in 2000, but turned down an eight-year, $140 million contract to become a free agent.

Gonzalez, 37, has hit 434 career home runs and driven in 1,404 runs in his 17-year career with Texas, Detroit, Kansas City and Cleveland.

great collection arod13 ! just wanted you to know if you are intersted? i have a pair of autographed juan gonzales game used cleats i think would be a nice addition to your collection if your still collecting juan. you can email me at mcfresonke@hotmail.com if you might want them

Quote Originally Posted by zonker View Post
    great collection arod13 ! just wanted you to know if you are intersted? i have a pair of autographed juan gonzales game used cleats i think would be a nice addition to your collection if your still collecting juan. you can email me at mcfresonke@hotmail.com if you might want them
    Send pics to: arod13tb@yahoo.com and anthony.baldwin@navy.mil

Thnaks, Tony