Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: What ever happened to Juan Gonzalez?

Eric, thanks for the article and everyone esle for the comments. Truly sad! When the media started doing stories about steriod use and exposing players, I remember one video showing Juan Gonalez in the Rangers locker room, and as Jose Canseco was walking towards him (when Canseco just signed with the rangers), Juan Gonzalez looked shocked as he felt Canseco's arms and was amazed by the size of them. Hence, I believe the start of Juan Gonzalez using steriods (I assume).

Although Gonzalez was signed by the Red Sox to a minor league deal at the beginning of spring training last season he never showed up to camp or played a game with the Sox or any of their affiliates.When the Sox traded for Wily Mo Pena days after they signed Gonzalez he took it as a sign that his playing time was going to be minimal and abruptly ended his 2-3 day career with the Sox......Too bad.He was one of my favorite players when i was a kid.To watch his career go down the tubes so quickly was a damn shame
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by jon_8_us View Post
    Too bad. He was one of my favorite players when i was a kid. To watch his career go down the tubes so quickly was a damn shame
    jon
    Jon, I agree! I was a big Juan Gonzalez fan. It was a sad day for me when his career came to an end. However, I guess his increase in power was mostly due to steroids and not natural ability!