Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Now that's the response I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    maybe we can send ARod back to Texas where he can contribute more there lol lol

AHHHHHHHH I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER GETTING ALL THAT OFF MY CHEST LOL LOL
    I love how Yankee fans love to put it all on one player...Arod!

I`ve always liked the guy, as a Player. Until recently he`s done pretty well. I`ve watched him Choke a few Times (against the Angels) in the Playoffs!
    While I enjoyed Vladi & the Angels Beat up on the Yankees, (or anyone else) I`m not sure the Criticism is worthwhile.

Maybe Arod simply needs a "Slumpbuster" (LOL) or whatever. I was hoping the Angels would pick him up. I`d take him on my favorite Team anyday.

You`ll never do enough for the Average New Yorker...

If he sucks so bad, how come a GOOD Gamer costs so much?

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Wow! Pretty rough! I agree he definately tries to hard to be liked, and that does turn people off. Bush-league??? Insincere?? I'll disagree with that. Hope he never plays on a team that wins a ring?? Now that's just hateful.
    His slapping the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's glove in the 2004 ALCS then standing on 2nd base doing the jogging motion as if he had just been running was as insincere as it gets. And slapping the ball out in the first place is the definition of bush league. Let me ask you this - could you see Jeter doing that?

Of course not. He's not bush-league like Slappy McArod is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I love how Yankee fans love to put it all on one player...Arod!
    wait a minute yankees fans putting it on one player??????

All you sked abut was one plaer you didnt ask about the team!!!

AND YES HE IS ONE PLAYER THAT CAUSED A LOT OF HARM THEN GOOD

SHALL I REPEAT - HE WAS #6 IN OVERALL BASEBALL TO HIT BALLS INTO DOUBLE PLAYS - JETERS NOT #6 CANOS NOT 36 CABRERAS NOT #6 SHALL I GO ON????

GUESS WHAT AROD IS THE #3 BATTER WHICH WILL AUTOMATICALLY PUT HIM IN MOST KEY SITUTATIONS SO YES HE IS THE MAIN BATTER THAT SCREWED UP!!

now if you want to discuss pitching yes we had mostly poor picthing but anytime we had that one chance for a batter to turn around that one game when our pitchers was doing bad GUESS WHO WAS UP TO BAT AND HIT THE BALL INTO A DOUBLE PLAY!!!

Ok! White Flag! White Flag! I give up. I guess he'll never be accepted in New York! Thanks for the comments.

IMHO - I think Yankee fans expect players on the team to act like Don Mattingly did on and off the field - Arod doesn't even come close......IMHO......Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimCaravello View Post
    IMHO - I think Yankee fans expect players on the team to act like Don Mattingly did on and off the field - Arod doesn't even come close......IMHO......Jim
    Jim, I agree. His ability is one thing. His actual performance (or lack of)and personal conduct is another. Thanks for all the comments! I'm ready for baseball season to begin.

I like Alex alot as a ballplayer he just tries too hard in New York.My thinking is he needs too get out of New York and go play elsewhere.But his salary is a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I like Alex alot as a ballplayer he just tries too hard in New York.My thinking is he needs too get out of New York and go play elsewhere.But his salary is a huge issue.
    Agree. I believe arod is good for New York, but New York isn't good for arod. Maybe it is the money. He's under a microscope every at bat. There are so many other star players not performing to par daily, but not everyone is watching their every move, like arod. I do agree, post season performance consistenly stinks, so you can't argue that issue. I only hope the best for him this coming season.