Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Forum Readers-
    As many of you know, I lived in Seattle for 10 years and have a very good friend who workls for the Mariners. This individual has first-hand experience with Alex and has told me that he was DESPISED by the Mariners brass, team mates and by just about every player in the game.

I indicated that this is hard to believe, and why is this the case. My friend said that he is selfish and only cares about his image, 24/7. He has no interest in doing anything for charity, but does it strictly as an image builder. His team mates hated him in Seattle as he tried to be the center of attention and other players in the game hate him because he tries to get as much camera time as possible. Likewise, he now tries to copy Jeter's every move (i.e., Jeter comes to the top stai in the dugout to watch a homerun, Arod tries to do the same.

On a personal note, he makes me want to puke. Here is a guy making $$millions, and he has to resort to selling every possible piece of clothing and broken bat he can? Bats, hats, running shoes, sliding pants....enough already! When he was with the M's, he whored himself there too and ordered 100 extra game ready jerseys strictly for resale purposes.

FYI

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Unhappy Re: Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Ouch! A side of Arod I didn't know about. Not good! Thanks!

I like it when players make game used items available for fans. That sounds like a little much though.

-Jason M

Banned

Confirming what I posted earlier:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/p...?urn=mlb,94236

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 3:47 pm EDT
    Teammates, Madonna skip A-Rod's post-game party

Getty Images

Alex Rodriguez's teammates must wish they could divorce him too. "He's become a huge distraction with the Madonna fiasco," a source told Page Six. "It's always all about him." That explains why none of his fellow Yankees went to the All-Star bash he hosted at Jay-Z's 40/40 Club Monday night.
    Instead, his mommy, Lourdes, and his new best friends, Guy Oseary and Ingrid Casares, were by his side in a corner booth as he threw back shots. And Casares was then spotted leaving A-Rod's Park Avenue pad yesterday afternoon. Reps from Berk Communications, who'd slapped Madonna's name on their tip sheet for the event, kept insisting she was on her way, but she never showed. Instead, A-Rod was entertained by big-busted hotties who shimmied to Material Girl tunes and desperately tried to make eye contact with him.
    Over at Marquee, the more likable Derek Jeter threw a bash filled with pals like Billy Crystal and Michael Jordan. Jeter also brought his latest fling, Minka Kelly. They came in separately, but a spy said they were "very much together on the dance floor."
    Meanwhile, Mets third baseman David Wright hosted a Vitamin Water party at Hudson Terrace, where Blake Lively, Penn Badgley, Paul Rudd and Yankee pitcher Joba Chamberlain listened to a midnight performance by 50 Cent
    Source: New York Post
    Related: Joba Chamberlain, David Wright

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Can Dan View Post
    His slapping the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's glove in the 2004 ALCS then standing on 2nd base doing the jogging motion as if he had just been running was as insincere as it gets. And slapping the ball out in the first place is the definition of bush league.
    I can't help but think of this incident every time I see the man or hear his name, and I'm not even a Boston fan. "Bush league" is too kind - and an insult to the bush leagues.

I have been a life long Yankees fan, and I am a big fan of A-Rod. In regards to his on field play, I am happy the Yankees have him on the team, as would any team, when he puts up 50 HR/150+ RBI numbers. In regards to his "choking in the post season," its crazy to place the blame for the Yankees recent post season failures all on A-Rod. Yes A-Rod has struggled in the post season, but so have 90% of the rest of the Yankees' batters. Pitchers like Jaret Wright, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, and even Wang (19+ era in 2007 playoffs) are to blame for the Yankees' recent post season failures as well. A-Rod gets most of the blame however, because he gets paid the most, he's the best player in the game, and a lot is expected from.

In regards to A-Rod's off-field life, I work in NY and see headlines about him in the NY papers every day. It's obvious that the NY press is just trying to write something negative about A-Rod, and most of the time the stories are just ridiculous. For example, yesterday, the NY Post wrote a story about how he was walking down the street in NY and checking out a girl. The Post showed two photos of him looking at the girl, and even wrote a story about this. Is that really news? I look at girls every day when I walk to work (along with every other guy in Manhattan). In in regards to his marital issues and accusations of cheating, I could care less what A-Rod does in his life off the field. If he did cheat on his wife, he's not the first baseball star to do so, (Mantle, Ruth, Boggs, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.) and he wont be the last. I'm just happy A-Rod is a Yankee, and I think most Yankees fans are as well. I mean he got a pretty loud ovation the other night at the A.S. game. And he'll continue to get bashed in the press, but that's just how NY is.

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Confirming what I posted earlier:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/p...?urn=mlb,94236

Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 3:47 pm EDT
    Teammates, Madonna skip A-Rod's post-game party

Getty Images

Alex Rodriguez's teammates must wish they could divorce him too. "He's become a huge distraction with the Madonna fiasco," a source told Page Six. "It's always all about him." That explains why none of his fellow Yankees went to the All-Star bash he hosted at Jay-Z's 40/40 Club Monday night.
    Instead, his mommy, Lourdes, and his new best friends, Guy Oseary and Ingrid Casares, were by his side in a corner booth as he threw back shots. And Casares was then spotted leaving A-Rod's Park Avenue pad yesterday afternoon. Reps from Berk Communications, who'd slapped Madonna's name on their tip sheet for the event, kept insisting she was on her way, but she never showed. Instead, A-Rod was entertained by big-busted hotties who shimmied to Material Girl tunes and desperately tried to make eye contact with him.
    Over at Marquee, the more likable Derek Jeter threw a bash filled with pals like Billy Crystal and Michael Jordan. Jeter also brought his latest fling, Minka Kelly. They came in separately, but a spy said they were "very much together on the dance floor."
    Meanwhile, Mets third baseman David Wright hosted a Vitamin Water party at Hudson Terrace, where Blake Lively, Penn Badgley, Paul Rudd and Yankee pitcher Joba Chamberlain listened to a midnight performance by 50 Cent
    Source: New York Post
    Related: Joba Chamberlain, David Wright

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net
    I truly think it's sad for someone as talented as Arod, that he's tainted by his selfishness and "All About Me" attitude. What a waste.

If he would just play the game and take note of guys like Cal Rikpen Jr.

I'm not one of those who hate ARod. But there seems to be something about him, and I can't put my finger on it, that seems a little insincere. When he was with Texas Michael Young and he were friends and Young still sticks up for him. After Young hit the sacrifice fly in the All Star Game to win it the camera showed Jeter hugging him and ARod was no where around. Did he leave early? To mention this may be totally unfair, but you seem to notice it. Alex isn't the first player to have problems in his private life, but most of them don't get spotlighted as his do. I collect some of his game used items and think he is a fine player whose only real weakness seems to be that he isn't as clutch as you would want. Maybe he tries too hard to project an image and that's why he doesn't seem to come off as a real person.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I truly think it's sad for someone as talented as Arod, that he's tainted by his selfishness and "All About Me" attitude. What a waste.

If he would just play the game and take note of guys like Cal Rikpen Jr.
    I hope A-Rod doesn't take notes on how to play like Ripken, cause if he did he'd be a .270 career hitter that averages 20 HR's per year.

I guess the last post about Ripken shows everybody has their critics and you can't please everybody.