Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Other than the money, why else is arod hated so much? I realize why Yankee fans hate him so much (although I feel they contributed to it in the way the constantly booed him). Yes, I'm bias as I am a big Arod fan, but I still don't get it. Jealousy? Your thoughts!
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Re: Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Yes, he hasn't played well in the post season, but the way Yankee fans treated him, it would get into my head also if I were him. Everytime he came to the plate, you could tell he was so worried about doing something. I'm a native New Yorker and still, arod fan or not, would not have booed him as much as the Yankee fans did.
    Attached Files
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• JasonM33
      • Oct 2006

He is so amazingly talented that his shoes got way to big. He signed that huge contract and people resent it if you don't immediatley win the World Series and win the MVP every year. His high expectations are hard to live up to. It's not really fair. You can't boo one of your home players and expect him to perform for you. It's not cool.

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by JasonM33
        He is so amazingly talented that his shoes got way to big. He signed that huge contract and people resent it if you don't immediatley win the World Series and win the MVP every year. His high expectations are hard to live up to. It's not really fair. You can't boo one of your home players and expect him to perform for you. It's not cool.
        Wow! I expected to be slammed with negative responses, as arod seems to be hated by so many. I agree with you, and I believe when it's all said and done, he will be considered one of the best ever. I don't think it's cool at all how Yankee fans have treated him. Myself, I know the booing would get into my head also. Everytime he comes to the plate, he knows if he doesn't perform well, the boo's are coming. I think Yankee fans were too tough on him and hope they ease up next season and let him play. Thanks for the response.
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• Oil Can Dan
          • May 2006

In my opinion he's bush-league. He's insincere. He tries too hard to be liked. He's a phony.

All that said, he's an amazing baseball player. I hope he never plays on a team that wins a ring, though.

Regards,
          Dan, a die-hard Red Sox fan

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Oil Can Dan
            In my opinion he's bush-league. He's insincere. He tries too hard to be liked. He's a phony.

All that said, he's an amazing baseball player. I hope he never plays on a team that wins a ring, though.

Regards,
            Dan, a die-hard Red Sox fan
            Wow! Pretty rough! I agree he definately tries to hard to be liked, and that does turn people off. Bush-league??? Insincere?? I'll disagree with that. Hope he never plays on a team that wins a ring?? Now that's just hateful.
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• JasonM33
              • Oct 2006

Ouch man, ouch.

Maybe if he start producing in the post season people will cut him some slack. I hope he does.

-Jason M

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

Hey Dan, a die-hard Red Sox fan... Don't be surpised if Arod ends up with Boston after his time with the Yankees! Very possible!
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

3arod13 ok here we go I am a Yankee fan and will be the first one to speak out as I was one of the booers, so I will do the lashing out!!!

1)Your first comment "put aside the money"
                  Well thats one of the big reasons!!!

2)Can't perform in the post season!!!

3)Chokes most of the time when men are on base, when we have a chance to win.

4) Chokes in the post season!!!

5) Was #6 in the whole league of 2006 of hitting balls into double plays.
                  (Think about that #6 out of over 700 players, which also means not only do he not bring men hom when they were on base, he took away another players chance to score)

You say its due to the booing, do you forget??? He has been with us since 2004 no one booed him for the first season and a half, so of course he is going to get booed.

People accepted him as a Superstar coming to the team not a Yankee!!!

Also you act like he didn't know what he was getting into like someone blindfolded him from New York, he knows how New York is especially the fans and we demand alot especially from someone making that kind of salary.

And to reiterate number #1 when you demand that kind of salary you expect results to help the team.

Now as far as his stats you can argue and say he's produced so many home runs and so many this and so many that, but thats all on paper. He didn't do any of those things when the team was down he did it when we were ahead by a large margin.

THATS THE REALITY!!!

Comment

• suave1477
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2006

Lets just Thank God Randy Johnson is leaving and maybe we can send ARod back to Texas where he can contribute more there lol lol

AHHHHHHHH I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER GETTING ALL THAT OFF MY CHEST LOL LOL

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

Now that's the response I expected.
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by suave1477
                        maybe we can send ARod back to Texas where he can contribute more there lol lol

AHHHHHHHH I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER GETTING ALL THAT OFF MY CHEST LOL LOL
                        I love how Yankee fans love to put it all on one player...Arod!
                        Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 10thMan
                          • Dec 2006

I`ve always liked the guy, as a Player. Until recently he`s done pretty well. I`ve watched him Choke a few Times (against the Angels) in the Playoffs!
                          While I enjoyed Vladi & the Angels Beat up on the Yankees, (or anyone else) I`m not sure the Criticism is worthwhile.

Maybe Arod simply needs a "Slumpbuster" (LOL) or whatever. I was hoping the Angels would pick him up. I`d take him on my favorite Team anyday.

You`ll never do enough for the Average New Yorker...

If he sucks so bad, how come a GOOD Gamer costs so much?

Sean

Comment

• Oil Can Dan
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13
                            Wow! Pretty rough! I agree he definately tries to hard to be liked, and that does turn people off. Bush-league??? Insincere?? I'll disagree with that. Hope he never plays on a team that wins a ring?? Now that's just hateful.
                            His slapping the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's glove in the 2004 ALCS then standing on 2nd base doing the jogging motion as if he had just been running was as insincere as it gets. And slapping the ball out in the first place is the definition of bush league. Let me ask you this - could you see Jeter doing that?

Of course not. He's not bush-league like Slappy McArod is.

Comment

• suave1477
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13
                              I love how Yankee fans love to put it all on one player...Arod!
                              wait a minute yankees fans putting it on one player??????

All you sked abut was one plaer you didnt ask about the team!!!

AND YES HE IS ONE PLAYER THAT CAUSED A LOT OF HARM THEN GOOD

SHALL I REPEAT - HE WAS #6 IN OVERALL BASEBALL TO HIT BALLS INTO DOUBLE PLAYS - JETERS NOT #6 CANOS NOT 36 CABRERAS NOT #6 SHALL I GO ON????

GUESS WHAT AROD IS THE #3 BATTER WHICH WILL AUTOMATICALLY PUT HIM IN MOST KEY SITUTATIONS SO YES HE IS THE MAIN BATTER THAT SCREWED UP!!

now if you want to discuss pitching yes we had mostly poor picthing but anytime we had that one chance for a batter to turn around that one game when our pitchers was doing bad GUESS WHO WAS UP TO BAT AND HIT THE BALL INTO A DOUBLE PLAY!!!

Comment

Working...