Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Other than the money, why else is arod hated so much? I realize why Yankee fans hate him so much (although I feel they contributed to it in the way the constantly booed him). Yes, I'm bias as I am a big Arod fan, but I still don't get it. Jealousy? Your thoughts!

Re: Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Yes, he hasn't played well in the post season, but the way Yankee fans treated him, it would get into my head also if I were him. Everytime he came to the plate, you could tell he was so worried about doing something. I'm a native New Yorker and still, arod fan or not, would not have booed him as much as the Yankee fans did.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

He is so amazingly talented that his shoes got way to big. He signed that huge contract and people resent it if you don't immediatley win the World Series and win the MVP every year. His high expectations are hard to live up to. It's not really fair. You can't boo one of your home players and expect him to perform for you. It's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM33 View Post
    He is so amazingly talented that his shoes got way to big. He signed that huge contract and people resent it if you don't immediatley win the World Series and win the MVP every year. His high expectations are hard to live up to. It's not really fair. You can't boo one of your home players and expect him to perform for you. It's not cool.
    Wow! I expected to be slammed with negative responses, as arod seems to be hated by so many. I agree with you, and I believe when it's all said and done, he will be considered one of the best ever. I don't think it's cool at all how Yankee fans have treated him. Myself, I know the booing would get into my head also. Everytime he comes to the plate, he knows if he doesn't perform well, the boo's are coming. I think Yankee fans were too tough on him and hope they ease up next season and let him play. Thanks for the response.

In my opinion he's bush-league. He's insincere. He tries too hard to be liked. He's a phony.

All that said, he's an amazing baseball player. I hope he never plays on a team that wins a ring, though.

Regards,
    Dan, a die-hard Red Sox fan

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Can Dan View Post
    In my opinion he's bush-league. He's insincere. He tries too hard to be liked. He's a phony.

All that said, he's an amazing baseball player. I hope he never plays on a team that wins a ring, though.

Regards,
    Dan, a die-hard Red Sox fan
    Wow! Pretty rough! I agree he definately tries to hard to be liked, and that does turn people off. Bush-league??? Insincere?? I'll disagree with that. Hope he never plays on a team that wins a ring?? Now that's just hateful.

Ouch man, ouch.

Maybe if he start producing in the post season people will cut him some slack. I hope he does.

-Jason M

Hey Dan, a die-hard Red Sox fan... Don't be surpised if Arod ends up with Boston after his time with the Yankees! Very possible!

Banned

3arod13 ok here we go I am a Yankee fan and will be the first one to speak out as I was one of the booers, so I will do the lashing out!!!

1)Your first comment "put aside the money"
    Well thats one of the big reasons!!!

2)Can't perform in the post season!!!

3)Chokes most of the time when men are on base, when we have a chance to win.

4) Chokes in the post season!!!

5) Was #6 in the whole league of 2006 of hitting balls into double plays.
    (Think about that #6 out of over 700 players, which also means not only do he not bring men hom when they were on base, he took away another players chance to score)

You say its due to the booing, do you forget??? He has been with us since 2004 no one booed him for the first season and a half, so of course he is going to get booed.

People accepted him as a Superstar coming to the team not a Yankee!!!

Also you act like he didn't know what he was getting into like someone blindfolded him from New York, he knows how New York is especially the fans and we demand alot especially from someone making that kind of salary.

And to reiterate number #1 when you demand that kind of salary you expect results to help the team.

Now as far as his stats you can argue and say he's produced so many home runs and so many this and so many that, but thats all on paper. He didn't do any of those things when the team was down he did it when we were ahead by a large margin.

THATS THE REALITY!!!

Banned

Lets just Thank God Randy Johnson is leaving and maybe we can send ARod back to Texas where he can contribute more there lol lol

AHHHHHHHH I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER GETTING ALL THAT OFF MY CHEST LOL LOL