Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Tony La Russa game used bat??

So I was in a consignment store and found this Tony La Russa Hillerich & Bradsby signature model K55 bat. Appears to have gone through some anguish (even looks like burn damage almost or really old pine tar?). There does appear to be some pine tar residue on the handle of the bat and the handle is relatively lighter than the rest of the barrel of the bat and there is a small piece of what looks like 1/2 inch tape around the handle where the color changes. There is a crack on the barrel opposite the name and the K55 is stamped on the knob. I just don't know how many "store model" bats, if any, were ever produced for a lackluster player like La Russa, but I also don't expect to find a gamer at a consignment shop for $14. Let me know your thoughts. Sorry the pics are inverted - couldn't figure out how to flip them...
    Name:  Photo on 1-9-15 at 8.34 PM #2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  146.7 KB

Name:  Photo on 1-9-15 at 8.35 PM #2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  Photo on 1-9-15 at 8.36 PM.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  144.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Tony La Russa game used bat??

Looks like a legit gamer! If you want to sell or trade, let me know! I'm definitely interested.

Looks like a '73-'75 era bat when Tony was out of the majors and knocking around the minors. Do I see a registered trademark symbol (R in circle) over "Powerized"? If so, definitely '73-'75.

The photos are reversed. Can you can post them in the normal view so we don't have to use a mirror to see the details.

Nice pickup and a steal at $14!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Very cool bat. If you can, please send me a email. I'd like to make a offer on it if you'd be willing to sell. Thanks boblee89@yahoo.com

Sorry about the flipped pics but I tried to fix on my iPhoto and don't see an option. I can take new pics and send to anyone who wants them. I will email you all right now my info.

Yes there is a trademark R above the D in Powerized

Ok, these should be facing the right way. Sorry for that

Name:  IMG_2612.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  532.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2613.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  542.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2614.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  461.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2615.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  540.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2616.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  534.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2617.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  511.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2618.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  453.6 KB

Just found this pic on the internet. Looks like that thin piece of tape (almost feels like electrical tape or something) was on one of his bats.Name:  larussa.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  77.4 KB