Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Has anyone seen this LSU arrest over selling gear?

I thought the athletes keep these?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...145202540.html

Re: Has anyone seen this LSU arrest over selling gear?

I'm sure it's different per school. At UGA, when a football player graduates or declares for the draft, he is given all of the jerseys he wore in bowl games during his career and his helmet. As well as any special uniforms they may have worn in their career. Now, this isn't an exact science but from dealing with players personally, I've found this to be the case most of the time.

If a player has already graduated or declared for the draft, he is free to do what he wants with the equipment he has been given by the university because he is no longer eligible.

The school won't give them their jerseys until they are no longer eligible athletes.

The deal at LSU is about a player that is still on the current roster with eligibility remaining, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. This player took his cleats and gloves from the locker room and sold them. Clearly a violation.

To sum it all up, unless the university gives you the equipment after your eligibility as an athlete is up, you cannot sell it.

Re: Has anyone seen this LSU arrest over selling gear?

Well if anyone has any legal LSU stuff to sell or trade email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com