Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Just a newbie to the forum, but I wanted to introduce myself. I have been a longtime collector of baseball memorabilia, but a few years ago I decided that I was in a better position to go after some 'bucket list' items and veered off course a bit from recent player items. I began searching for and purchasing vintage/historical pieces. I ended up buying a Ruth/Cobb dual signed baseball and soon thereafter I actually purchased a Lou Gehrig GU bat. Later I picked up several baseball historical pieces made up primarily of players such as Satchel Paige, Roberto Clemente, Williams, Maris, Mantle, DiMaggio and Jackie Robinson.

I later found an excellent opportunity to make a VERY large profit and I sold the Gehrig bat. This decision still haunts me to this day. I took it as a learning experience and decided unless I am a severe state of desperation, my vintage pieces will be passed on to my beautiful son.

I am an advocate of PSA/DNA and James Spence. So much so that I NEVER make a large purchase without one or both of their opinions. Nothing is fail safe, but I have found them to be very reliable.

I look forward to being an active participant on this forum and I am still a large collector of newer items. I hope to continue to remain active in a such a wonderful hobby and I hope to provide some guidance and education when the opportunity presents itself.

Re: Introduction

Welcome!!

Great stuff man! Welcome aboard. This forum can use more members like you!

Thank you both for the welcome.

Welcome!

Sounds like you have some awesome stuff, you should post some photos when you have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 64SHEA View Post
    Welcome!

Sounds like you have some awesome stuff, you should post some photos when you have a chance.
    Very possible. I will snap a few shots next visit to the safe deposit boxes.

admin_old

Welcome Brandon! We have had several great new members join lately. It's always nice to welcome enthusiasts, both experienced and beginners.

…yes, photos would be IDEAL!

After reading some of the threads, this one included; it is apparent that we all love photos. Here are some of me and my son's man cave surrounded by our favorite players memorabilia. I have run out of room, so I have invested in a 900 lb. safe to house some of our more Important bats in our collection. The very high end stuff lives in safe deposit boxes. Our beautiful wife and mom supports our hobby. Enjoy...

Banned

Smile Re: Introduction

Welcome along, Brandon....you shoud enjoy the ride.

Dave Miedema