Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Fanatics Authentic Steelers Items

Not meaning to be critical of anyone's pricing, but I was greatly disappointed to see the price of the player I was interested in obtaining. He played in one regular-season game, and the game was on the road where the Steelers wore white (the jersey for sale was black). Priced at a grand, I could not justify that kind of money. I made an offer on the jersey at a price that I thought was reasonable considering that the jersey was never actually worn in a regular-season game. My offer was rejected, but I will say that they were very courteous and professional in our communications.

The jersey is no longer on their website, so I guess that it sold. Having recently purchased 2 hard-to-find durene NFL jerseys that are close to 50 years old at a combined price of about half of the asking price of a current Steelers player who has played in only one regular-season NFL game (and didn't wear the jersey in that game), I have to wonder where the hobby is heading if this is any indication of what a jersey will cost. This also makes me pause to think that perhaps the hobby has passed me by, at least from the standpoint of collecting current-era jerseys. I hope not . . .

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for 1974/75 World Football League uniforms.

What were the prices of these helmets on the Fanatics Authentics site? Any idea? Because the Ebay prices are ridiculous. I have tried asking them for a more reasonable price, and all I receive in response is "we will not be allowing people to know our bottom price, please make an offer"...

This feels like JO Sports II. The silly thing is that when I am offered a Keyshawn Johnson Jets helmet for $500, and Fanatics Authentics finds a $450 offer insulting for a guy who barely saw the field, I don't know where to go next?

Has anyone had any luck with this company?

Looks like the reseller already has some on ebay. But as for pricing, the day after a Hoyer Brows sold on NFL auctions (I missed it) offered them $50 more than the NFL price which was right around $500. I was quickly declined. I am not sure who is going to pay $2300 for a Hoyer jersey? Sheesh.
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Wow I think we all agree the prices from Fanatics are high. But I got a great laugh this morning. I woke up checked ebay. Mitchells and Wheatons lids were both reposted for double! Also a few other items from the same seller that are marked up.

Quote Originally Posted by snick33 View Post
    Wow I think we all agree the prices from Fanatics are high. But I got a great laugh this morning. I woke up checked ebay. Mitchells and Wheatons lids were both reposted for double! Also a few other items from the same seller that are marked up.

Would you mind giving a ballpark of what you paid for your steelers helmet from these guys? If it's over 1k, I will leave it alone...

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    Would you mind giving a ballpark of what you paid for your steelers helmet from these guys? If it's over 1k, I will leave it alone...
    Right at that.

I saw where they listed a number of practice jerseys. The player of interest to me is an offensive linemen. I was thinking that the Steelers offensive players wore white, and the defensive players wore gold at practice and mini-camp in 2014.

Regardless, there is a listing of both a white jersey and a gold jersey of the player that is of to interest to me. In checking mini-camp photos, I see where my player of interest is wearing white while a defensive player is wearing gold (the defensive player made the roster, but was assigned another number). Can a Steelers fan or collector please clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for 1974/75 WFL uniforms and NFL/AFL durene jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Not meaning to be critical of anyone's pricing, but I was greatly disappointed to see the price of the player I was interested in obtaining. He played in one regular-season game, and the game was on the road where the Steelers wore white (the jersey for sale was black). Priced at a grand, I could not justify that kind of money. I made an offer on the jersey at a price that I thought was reasonable considering that the jersey was never actually worn in a regular-season game. My offer was rejected, but I will say that they were very courteous and professional in our communications.

The jersey is no longer on their website, so I guess that it sold. Having recently purchased 2 hard-to-find durene NFL jerseys that are close to 50 years old at a combined price of about half of the asking price of a current Steelers player who has played in only one regular-season NFL game (and didn't wear the jersey in that game), I have to wonder where the hobby is heading if this is any indication of what a jersey will cost. This also makes me pause to think that perhaps the hobby has passed me by, at least from the standpoint of collecting current-era jerseys. I hope not . . .

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for 1974/75 World Football League uniforms.
    Current era NFL is beyond my price range. I have switched my focus to baseball, namely Cincinnati Reds, and am finding much better selection, quality and prices on pieces of interest to me.

Why do you all figure current NFL items are priced so high? I assume it's the popularity of football over other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    I saw where they listed a number of practice jerseys. The player of interest to me is an offensive linemen. I was thinking that the Steelers offensive players wore white, and the defensive players wore gold at practice and mini-camp in 2014.

Regardless, there is a listing of both a white jersey and a gold jersey of the player that is of to interest to me. In checking mini-camp photos, I see where my player of interest is wearing white while a defensive player is wearing gold (the defensive player made the roster, but was assigned another number). Can a Steelers fan or collector please clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for 1974/75 WFL uniforms and NFL/AFL durene jerseys.
    Seems like certain numbers were worn between two players quite a few times during Rookie free agency try outs. Although not the 2014 season, here is a 2013 Steelers season for Rookie free agency try outs showing the numbers they wore and these numbers didn't show up on the eventual 2013 regular season roster (at least from what I could find). Could be possible for the limited amount of numbers to use and the numbers that are designated for certain positions, (rostered players' numbers are already taken) and the amount of people showing up for free agency tryouts they split the numbers up between 2 people, one for use on offense, the other for use on defense.
    Attached Images Attached Images