Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Fanatics Authentic Steelers Items

Quote Originally Posted by bgakladd View Post
    Seems like certain numbers were worn between two players quite a few times during Rookie free agency try outs. Although not the 2014 season, here is a 2013 Steelers season for Rookie free agency try outs showing the numbers they wore and these numbers didn't show up on the eventual 2013 regular season roster (at least from what I could find). Could be possible for the limited amount of numbers to use and the numbers that are designated for certain positions, (rostered players' numbers are already taken) and the amount of people showing up for free agency tryouts they split the numbers up between 2 people, one for use on offense, the other for use on defense.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand that they have duplicate numbers for some camp players. My issue is that if the offense wears white and the defense wears gold, why are both colored practice jersey attributed to the same player?

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for 1974/75 WFL uniforms and NFL/AFL durene jerseys.

I bought the Cam Thomas game used helmet & I love it.He is no star,but I have had terrible luck getting a real gamer and I have a photo match on it to the Ravens wildcard game.I will upload a pic of the gashed up helmet.One thing about my helmet is that it is a Xenith brand helmet which is a helmet co.I never knew existed.I know the price was high,but I am super satisfied.I still can't believe the Steelers sold all of this.Maybe most or all NFL teams will let S.M. do this in the future.They might be high but they are the real deal and I missed out on Jo co a few years back & NFL auctions never has a lid I want.Now I am at peace till I start wanting my next one

Are these Steeler game used items NFL authenticated?

Quote Originally Posted by stonedylan View Post
    They come with a lifetime guarantee.I am not a jersey guy but I am a helmet guy,and all the helmets I tried to get a photo match on was true and I photo matched 10+ I searched for .The jerseys look legit to me,but some look a little too clean and unworn but maybe they washed them, but they are the real deal just kind of high priced.But where else are you gonna get this stuff? The Steelers have never done anything like this before to my knowledge.I hope them & most teams will do this with S.M. in the future.It might be a one time thing so I couldn't miss out

I talked with my sales rep for a good 20 minutes about this stuff.He said he was there at the wildcard game,and a little after the game he was in the Steeler locker room packing all helmets & jerseys except Ben,Miller,Troy,Harrison & a few others.I noticed they even got the locker name plates & skull caps with cloves,cleats ect.He then told me the best players Lawrence Timmons ect. were sold by them calling they're best customers over the years first which he said sold in minutes & the rest went online

Quote Originally Posted by War Helmets View Post
    I talked with my sales rep for a good 20 minutes about this stuff.He said he was there at the wildcard game,and a little after the game he was in the Steeler locker room packing all helmets & jerseys except Ben,Miller,Troy,Harrison & a few others.I noticed they even got the locker name plates & skull caps with cloves,cleats ect.He then told me the best players Lawrence Timmons ect. were sold by them calling they're best customers over the years first which he said sold in minutes & the rest went online
    I hate to start anything but it was 20 days after the wild card game when they boxed jerseys and helmet form the southside facility. Fanatics seems to give different answers to different ppl. Its kinda funny. But I talked to the guy that runs the Pittsburgh branch that day

Quote Originally Posted by snick33 View Post
    I hate to start anything but it was 20 days after the wild card game when they boxed jerseys and helmet form the southside facility. Fanatics seems to give different answers to different ppl. Its kinda funny. But I talked to the guy that runs the Pittsburgh branch that day
    Yeah you know how those sales guys can be sometimes lol.I am a fan of the horrible Raiders but had to have a Steeler helmet for my collection.Have the Steelers ever done anything like this before?

Not NFL authenticated? Problems?

Not NFL authenticated? Problems?
    Nothing from the NFL per say. Has the Fanatics Holograms.

If you are talking of the PSA DNA certs. Just my opinion they can wipe their #@$ with them. Ive seen many jerseys on NFLA that are away jerseys. But are dated for a home game. Or the marks don't match at all. Never bought one from them for that reason. Even though I successfully matched it to the proper game.

Unless I can match it I usually don't buy it. Unless I trust the seller 100%
    I have purchased gloves that had the tape residue in the exact spot. So I feel comfortable with Fanatics.

My experience with Fanatics has been marginal at best regarding game used items!