Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Need help with Blue Jays tagging -- Rudy, are you out there?

hi mark,

please let me know if you hear something.

the odd thing to me about your explanation is that i've never seen any pants anywhere that had a "hip" size. have you? whether they're pants off the rack or those part of a custom-tailored suit, i've never seen a hip measurement; only a waist measurement. given that these pants employ an elasticized waist, i have to think it's because they're they're intended to fit a small range of waist sizes. that's usually what elasticized waists are for. after all, they're intended for athletic purposes so there has to be a decent amount of stretch.

after the waist, all pants naturally expand. that's just a part of their inherant design. fit/size wise, all pants are a combination of waist and inseam. at a tailors, have you ever had your hips/butt measured? i never have. if he tried, i'd likely find a new tailor.

i don't think mlb pants are really any different from most baseball pants sold to consumers. here are a pair of majestic "altra pro series" pants. all pants have a 27" inseam. the only other variable is the waist:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...entPage=family

now i realize that pros can have their jerseys customized via body length, sleeve width, etc and consumers can't but in this case do you think pros are really having their butts custom-fit?

rudy.

Re: Need help with Blue Jays tagging -- Rudy, are you out there?

I called Majestic today...and it turns out I was (mostly) right!

The number after the waist size if connected by a dash, is variously defined (by different teams) as the hip or thigh measurement. Rudy is right that all pants are standardized to this extent: as the waist size goes up, everything else goes up in a standard increment. However, as baseball players come in pretty non-standard sizes Majestic deals with it like this:
    35-39 means a 35 inch waist band on a 39 pant. You're getting all the measures of a 39 inch pant with a 35 inch waistband. If there is no second number connected by a dash, the player (or more likely, coach) just got a standard pair of pants. As has been noted elsewhere, "OB" means open bottom: no elastic in the cuff, and also, a wider calf area. "C" means fully customized pants: the player has deviated from the standard measure in several areas.
    Hope this helps!

Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com