Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Re: The Official SAN DIEGO PADRES GU Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R. C. Walker View Post
    Picked this 1978 recently (thanks Jay).
    One of three "Dave Roberts" to play for the Padres.
    RC:

Is that jersey all original? If so, it's a real find. The vast majority of these I have seen over the years were in Wayne Otto's inventory back in the 1990s, and everything he had came from the minor leagues, where the only things not stripped off besides the tags were the padres name and the numbers.

Dave Miedema

Re: The Official SAN DIEGO PADRES GU Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    RC:

Is that jersey all original? If so, it's a real find. The vast majority of these I have seen over the years were in Wayne Otto's inventory back in the 1990s, and everything he had came from the minor leagues, where the only things not stripped off besides the tags were the padres name and the numbers.

Dave Miedema
    Unfortunately, as with most Padres jerseys during this period, a little restoration was needed. NOB and All Star patch (original) were expertly refinished by Lon Lewis.

On another note . . . I still remember talking to you at a couple Nationals. Thanks for selling me a 1979 White Sox LaMar Hoyt for $180. Man, were those the days.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

The Padres seem to take one step forward, two steps back when designing their uniforms. Really liked the blue and yellow introduced in the one year 2016 All-Star commemorative homes. Even hoped the grey roads worn during the All-Star game would be the 2017 version. Unfortunately . . . no.
    Name:  IMG_0596.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  166.8 KB
    Did pick up a nice Hunter Renfroe recently. Maybe he wore it hitting this mammoth homer.
    https://youtu.be/hRL8gWYQe6U
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Banned

Wink Re: The Official SAN DIEGO PADRES GU Thread

Unfortunately, as with most Padres jerseys during this period, a little restoration was needed. NOB and All Star patch (original) were expertly refinished by Lon Lewis.

On another note . . . I still remember talking to you at a couple Nationals. Thanks for selling me a 1979 White Sox LaMar Hoyt for $180. Man, were those the days.
    That HAS to be going back a ways...I haven't set up at a National since the early 1990s and have only attended Nationals held in the Chicago area since the late 1990s.

Dave M.

Nice Renfroe Jersey RC.

You have motivated me to post a Renfroe and Hedges bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0619 View Post
    Nice Renfroe Jersey RC.

You have motivated me to post a Renfroe and Hedges bat.
    Nice bats.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Getting to be borderline vintage, 2002 Alan Trammell w/ Mike Darr memorial patch. For some reason, a tougher style to obtain.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

The Padres seem to take one step forward, two steps back when designing their uniforms. Really liked the blue and yellow introduced in the one year 2016 All-Star commemorative homes. Even hoped the grey roads worn during the All-Star game would be the 2017 version. Unfortunately . . . no.
    R.C. man you got that right!! Those blue and yellows were my favorite uniforms of 2016. I think the fact that San Diego really hasn't had much to look at in the uniform category in so many years plays a role. Either way I added one to my collection and they look just as good in person.

Derek Norris game used Rawlings Bat used to hit his 8th HR of 2016 off of Joe Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    R.C. man you got that right!! Those blue and yellows were my favorite uniforms of 2016. I think the fact that San Diego really hasn't had much to look at in the uniform category in so many years plays a role. Either way I added one to my collection and they look just as good in person.
    Which one did you pick up?
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com