Quote Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
    1982 Rick Wise Road game used jersey...
    This ones a keeper Jay.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Re: The Official SAN DIEGO PADRES GU Thread

Quote Originally Posted by whoman View Post
    Here you go RC, Tony Gwynn home 1993 game used jersey.
    Whoman's first post?? What's the holdup?
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Saw this guy play centerfield for the Padres in 1976 at the age of 36. Still had some wheels. Distinctly remember a running sliding catch he made that stole a hit.

Got rid of many bats over the past few years, but this one is an untouchable . . . Bicentennial Willie Davis.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Hey Nick, like the Chicago song says "this is only the beginning " lots more to
    share here on the PADRES thread.

Quote Originally Posted by R. C. Walker View Post
    This ones a keeper Jay.
    Thanks, R.C. The home version sold in the recent Grey Flannels auction; I decided not to bid once the it had 3+ bids. Would have been fun, though, to have both the home and road of Wise's last year in a Padres jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by R. C. Walker View Post
    Hey Jay!
    I know how much you love the brown . . . So here's one dedicated to the state of Texas. Former Padre and current Rangers Bullpen Coach Andy Hawkins. Dick Williams once called him the "Timid Texan". We know how Dick was so we won't get into that (or the No Hitter Loss). Has the distinction of being the only Padres pitcher to record a WIN in the World Series. I was at that game. Detroit was just too good.

Randy's been at Spring Training in Peoria the last couple of years as an instructor. Great guy.
    Great, great jersey, R.C. I had Andy sign a ball for me about two years ago. The Rangers have autograph Wednesdays from 6:00 - 6:30, and they have a player and/or coach situated at a signing station down the left field line, behind home plate, and down the right field line in the concourse; you never know who will be there (it is not pre-posted). Just happened that the one game we went to had Andy signing, so we visited for a few minutes about the 1984 World Series and the Padres. He's a nice guy. Just imagine what could have happened had Bevacqua not stumbled between 2nd and 3rd in game one.... Just like the previous series against the Cubs, SD down 0-2 and had to win 3 straight at home (which they did). If they go to Detroit up 2-0 instead of 1-1, they would come back to San Diego having to win the last two.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
    Great, great jersey, R.C. I had Andy sign a ball for me about two years ago. The Rangers have autograph Wednesdays from 6:00 - 6:30, and they have a player and/or coach situated at a signing station down the left field line, behind home plate, and down the right field line in the concourse; you never know who will be there (it is not pre-posted). Just happened that the one game we went to had Andy signing, so we visited for a few minutes about the 1984 World Series and the Padres. He's a nice guy. Just imagine what could have happened had Bevacqua not stumbled between 2nd and 3rd in game one.... Just like the previous series against the Cubs, SD down 0-2 and had to win 3 straight at home (which they did). If they go to Detroit up 2-0 instead of 1-1, they would come back to San Diego having to win the last two.....
    The three NLCS games in SD were wild. It was so loud at times you couldn't hear the PA!! I remember Ron Cey and Keith Moreland showing their backs as the Padres players were introduced for each of the three games. Classless Chumps.

Unfortunately, as luck would have it, the Padres played the toughest teams in the World Series from two decades. 1984 Detroit Tigers. 1998 New York Yankees. The '98 team had to be one of the all time best.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Here is a rare Tony Gwynn bat. This is from Tonys first bat order on 10/26/1981.
    Although, not game used, this is one of 6 bats ever ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by whoman View Post
    Here is a rare Tony Gwynn bat. This is from Tonys first bat order on 10/26/1981.
    Although, not game used, this is one of 6 bats ever ordered.
    Great bat !
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Another catcher jersey. 2012 John Baker Alternate Cool Base w/ Darrel Akerfelds memorial patch.

Even as a backup backstop, the wear on this jersey is tremendous. The material is almost worn through where the catcher's gear hooks up.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com