Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Re: The Official SAN DIEGO PADRES GU Thread

Beautiful R.C.!

I have a question for you... Can you shoot me a message?

pineda.alejandro@yahoo.com

Thanks!

2010 Miguel Tejada.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

How many people remember the Oakland A's of the early 70's? The Free Agency draft after the 1976 season?

Well, San Diego signed, from that dynasty, a future Hall of Famer and the 1972 World Series MVP from the first major class of Free Agents. No such excuse of a small market team back then.

One of those players, "Steam Boat" (Boat for short), became one of my favorites at the time. Here's one of Gene Tenace's bats.

CASH ALERT: Looking for 1977 - 1980 Jersey's and 1976-1979 Game Used Bats of Gene Tenace.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

One of my "Keepers". Brown orange with a little extra mustard 1980 Guillermo (Naranjo) Montanez. Included is a bat from the same season.

During the 1979 offseason, the Padres spared no expense and brought in top flight veteran players: Aurelio Rodriguez, Dave Cash and Willie Montanez . . . . Unfortunately, all were past their prime with only Cash lasting the entire season with the team.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Here are two Tony Gwynn game used and documented hit baseballs. To celebrate the one year anniversary of his passing tomorrow, I will post Tony Gwynn game used items all week long. Again, Thanks Tony!!!

Well, today marks the one year anniversary of Tony Gwynns death. I will be posting one game used item per day this week to pay my respects for Tony and his family. RIP Tony Gwynn.
    Here is Tonys first Gold glove award tagged game used glove worn in 1987. Tony won his first Gold glove award in 1986. It was his proudest moment in his playing career, as he said that it made him the complete ball player.

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by whoman View Post
    Well, today marks the one year anniversary of Tony Gwynns death. I will be posting one game used item per day this week to pay my respects for Tony and his family. RIP Tony Gwynn.
    Here is Tonys first Gold glove award tagged game used glove worn in 1987. Tony won his first Gold glove award in 1986. It was his proudest moment in his playing career, as he said that it made him the complete ball player.

It looks like the old Red Rawlings Patch has been removed and the Gold one sewn on. Usually a new glove is made with the gold label for the next year.
    Jerry Sage

You are looking at a game used line up from the "Thanks Tony Weekend" this I from the his Friday night appearance. Enjoy!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    It looks like the old Red Rawlings Patch has been removed and the Gold one sewn on. Usually a new glove is made with the gold label for the next year.
    Jerry Sage
    This was probably a favorite glove of his which he had the new tag added later. Crazy that he hand colored the entire glove with Sharpie.