Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Re: The Official SAN DIEGO PADRES GU Thread

Season ending, as usual, in early October for the Padres.

Every time i look at this jersey, 2010 Yorvit Torrealba, I remember how much of a hothead he was = YouTube!

Not a bad catcher though.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Here is another Phil Nevin home jersey from MLB TOUR OF JAPAN 2000 ALL-STAR SERIES!! Read an article i found on the web...

NEW YORK – Two-time Cy Young Award winner Randy Johnson and three-time Most Valuable Player Barry Bonds will be among 28 major leaguers who will travel to Japan for All-Star Series 2000.

Major League Baseball and the Players’ Association unveiled the roster Wednesday for the eight-game series that begins Nov. 3. The major league squad will play a team of All-Stars from Nippon Professional Baseball through Nov. 12 in Tokyo, Fukuoka, Osaka and Nagoya.

Among the 13 pitchers named to the major league team is Japanese closer Kazuhiro Sasaki of the Seattle Mariners, a candidate for American League Rookie of the Year honors.

The other pitchers are Johnson, Ryan Dempster of the Florida Marlins, Keith Foulke and Mike Sirotka of the Chicago White Sox, Danny Graves of the Cincinnati Reds, Livan Hernandez of the San Francisco Giants, Albie Lopez of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Derek Lowe of the Boston Red Sox, Eric Milton of the Minnesota Twins, Mike Myers of the Colorado Rockies, Mike Remlinger of the Atlanta Braves and Javier Vazquez of the Montreal Expos.

The catchers are Sandy Alomar of the Cleveland Indians and rookie Ben Molina of the Anaheim Angels.

National League MVP candidate Jeff Kent of the Giants heads the list of infielders that also includes Alomar’s younger brother and teammate, Roberto. The others are American League home run champion Troy Glaus of the Angels, Carlos Delgado of the Toronto Blue Jays, Phil Nevin of the San Diego Padres, Mike Sweeney of the Kansas City Royals, Jose Vidro of the Expos and Omar Vizquel of the Indians.

Los Angeles Dodgers teammates Shawn Green and Gary Sheffield join Bonds, Luis Gonzalez of the Arizona Diamondbacks and Jay Payton of the New York Mets among the outfielders named to the squad.

Wow... I had never even heard of this series! Interesting

Any insight on this Andy Ashby Jersey... It's a 2008 version with a tag code of 0062. HOWEVER, Andy Ashby was never on the Padres Roster in 2008 (neither as a player or coach). They Jersey itself has the proper tagging, but doesn't quite add up to why it would have Ashby's name on it. Did the Padres have some kind of special event in 2008? The only thing I can think of is 10 year anniversary of their World Series appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    Future Padres Manager??
    Well, Phil seems to be on the top five list. So, there is a chance he will manage the Padres next year!

Quote Originally Posted by pineda.alejandro@yahoo.com View Post
    Any insight on this Andy Ashby Jersey... It's a 2008 version with a tag code of 0062. HOWEVER, Andy Ashby was never on the Padres Roster in 2008 (neither as a player or coach). They Jersey itself has the proper tagging, but doesn't quite add up to why it would have Ashby's name on it. Did the Padres have some kind of special event in 2008? The only thing I can think of is 10 year anniversary of their World Series appearance?
    Don't recall a World Series reunion in '08 but the Padres could have had some type of ceremony. Does the MLB Authentication have a date or is it for the signature?
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by whoman View Post
    Well, Phil seems to be on the top five list. So, there is a chance he will manage the Padres next year!
    Please NO!!!! Not some work-in-progress Manager!!!

Phil Nevin
    Mark Kotsay
    Dave Roberts
    Sandy Alomar, Jr.
    Ron Washington

I'd much rather have Dusty Baker or Ozzie Guilien before any of these. . . . But, I do have my nameplates at the ready if they happen to call.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by R. C. Walker View Post
    Don't recall a World Series reunion in '08 but the Padres could have had some type of ceremony. Does the MLB Authentication have a date or is it for the signature?

I found this article about the 10 year reunion. I'm sure this is where Alejandro's Ashby jersey was used...

Jul 12, 2008
    The Padres game Saturday night is sold out.

Why?

Twenty members of the 1998 National League champions are on hand to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Padres second National League pennant.

Why Saturday night?

It was the Braves who the Padres defeated in six games in the National League Championship Series to advance to the World Series -- where the Padres were swept by the Yankees.

Thanks for that article Guillermo! I figured it was something similar. The authentication tag only authenticated the signature, but not where the jersey came from.

Appreciate the help!

Here is what appears to be a 70's windbreaker / warm-up jacket of Hall of Famer's
    Dave Winfield.