Quote Originally Posted by R. C. Walker View Post
A salute to the Throwback Thursday jerseys the Padres have been wearing this year.

1990 Joe Carter. Carter for McGriff? OK . . . . Include Roberto Alomar for Tony Fernandez? Ridiculous!

R.C.:
Great jersey! I agree with your assessment of the 1990 trade. One of the many Padres front office head scratchers over the years... including signing free agents past their prime (look at the history of the Texas Rangers to see the model for how not to do this....), gutting the team at various points, etc.

I like this style (1985-1990), but certainly not as much as the 1980-83 brown, gold, orange, or the brown/gold prior to that. One thing I did not like about this style is that the same design firm that designed the San Francisco Giants designed these, including the logo. The firm used the SF uniform template to do these, and created "type-based" logos instead of image based logos. Side note: this design, started in 1985, ended the unique interlocked "SD" style on the caps in which the D interlocked lower on the S.