• RMoody
    • Jan 2013

Re: 2006 Cleveland Browns Game Jerseys

Roye / Gary Baxter

Comment

• Preston
      • Mar 2010

Posted this in the March 2015 pickups but GREAT transaction from Mark. Thanks again buddy!!
      Attached Files

Comment

• rchimes13@yahoo.com
        • Jan 2011

Mark,
        Any leads on a Travis Prentice Browns jersey?

Comment

• buckeyenuts
          Banned
          • Feb 2015

We have multiple Roye jerseys and a Baxter. Sorry no Prentice.

Email me at mark@impact-america.com and I can send photos of jerseys.

Thanks again.

Comment

• gingi79
            • Aug 2007

Last chance to email and resolve our transaction before I have to publicize the issues. Do the right thing.
            Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• gingi79
              • Aug 2007

Mark:

We spoke about a Ken Dorsey jersey. Everything looked great. Nice patch, Ken had no NFL career so it's a fair price. I'm a huge U fan, he was the last guy to win the National Title at QB, I sent you payment. Due to USPS restrictions and holidays, I had 3 days before you could ship.I take this time to research the jersey.

Turns out, Ken never played a game in a Browns white jersey during the season it was tagged, or the next one (when they didn't wear the patch). Then Dorsey changed his number. I send this info to you, I'm willing to take a partial refund since I've proven it's an issued or clipboard holding jersey at best and was definitely never worn in a game . No reply. A few days later, I tell you it's not game worn, I can prove it and you won't accept a partial refund so please refund me full cost. You reply "We have the jersey he wore the next season". I remind you. he never played a game that year in this color jersey either. No reply.

You never mailed the jersey either. PayPal requires me to prove I mailed it back to you but you never mailed the jersey and therefore I can't mail it back to you so they can't protect me under Buyer Protection

So, I'm out a few hundred bucks unless you do the right thing. You'll notice I tried to rectify this for a while (see posts from me on GUU), no reply from you. I cannot speak about any other jerseys but the one I paid for but that one is NOT worn in a game and since being notified, you have ignored my proof, PayPal's inquiry and never mailed the item to me.

I'd accept you knew no better during the initial posting and had you sent a refund, I'd never mention it.During a bulk purchase as you proclaimed this was, it's a likely scenario
              that this kind of jersey was included.

I've given you ample chances to rectify this problem, now I'm forced to notify my credit card company in order to dispute the charge.

Comment

• gingi79
                • Aug 2007

Just refund my payment Mark. You emailed me, admitted guilt and showed remorse, why haven't you sent the refund? I can prove this jersey is issued at best, do the right thing please.

Comment

• RMoody
                  • Jan 2013

For the record, I had a major authenticity issue go without resolution on the Baxter jersey I inqured about above.

I was sent photos of a Away Browns Gary Baxter jersey, bearing #23. When I approached him about the fact Gary only practiced in #23 but never wore it in a game, he also didnt play in 2007. I asked about the possibility the jersey was issued, with no response. I asked again and despite an email back, my points were not addressed.

Checkout the latest stats for Gary Baxter. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

The jersey which was also on Ebay, 151589999983.

The same photos were sent to me that appear in that listing.

This now makes two (at best) game issued jerseys being sold here as worn. Not to mention the Ebay issue.

I'm sure Mark has added to some people collections but I elected to not pursue the jerseys I did want from him.

Comment

• Phil316
                    • May 2013

Originally posted by gingi79
                    I've given you ample chances to rectify this problem, now I'm forced to notify my credit card company in order to dispute the charge.
                    Smart man right there. The best defense is always pay with a credit card especially when buying online.

Comment

• gingi79
                      • Aug 2007

Sadly I had to follow through and file a complaint with my credit card. After my initial post, Mark offered to make it right but never followed through. I've saved all our correspondence and the proof he is selling Issued jerseys as game used even though the player NEVER wore this colored jersey in a game.

Other collectors posted similar issues and the emails I've received with similar problems plus exactly zero responses to this thread since Mark has been called out and proven to be selling items that are not what he claims lead me to believe, buyer beware.

Comment

• short84
                        • Dec 2008

Hope you get your money back. Members like this need to be banned.

Comment

• gingi79
                          • Aug 2007

My bank may not be quick but they are thorough. Nearly 3 months to the day I filed, they researched this scam artist and found in my favor for a charge back. I see he has been banned as well. Good riddance.

Updating this post in hopes if he tries to come back, it's recent enough to save others from my experience.

Comment

• Dawg Pound
                            • Jan 2013

I do not know the poster of the jerseys nor do I agree with the business practices described with-in this post. But I can tell you 100% that these jerseys came from the cleveland browns locker room.

A few years back I stumbled upon an ebay posting of 5 legit game worn browns jerseys. I contacted the seller and we ended up meeting for breakfest the next day. This guy and the poster of the jerseys on this thread bought all the inventory from an "un-named" source from the Cleveland Browns.

The lots were split into 2 mostly based on the color of the jerseys. They paid roughly $50 per jersey and they got all of the jerseys that no one else from the organization wanted. Almost all of the jerseys came from 2006-2008 with a few older ones in the mix. I was able to photo-match all of the jerseys I acquired hence why I can say that they were 100% legit (you can search my previous postings to see examples). It was clear as day that he did not know what he was doing and luckliy I was able to cash in.

The person on this thread held the jerseys I believe in his personal collection. I had been hunting him down for about two years until he finally posted some on ebay. Based upon the pictures from his ebay posts I am convinced that he was the second purchaser the person I met with discussed. After a brief discussion, I decided he again did not have much experience,however he thought the jerseys were worth a fortune. I actually recommended he attempt to sell them on this site. So I apologize if I brought this unpleasant experience to this community.

I believe this seller honestly has no experience in the game used market place. Let's face it, how many people in the real world could define the difference between a game-issued jersey vs. a game worn jersey? Most people probably think we are freaks.

Everybody on this sight should know by now that you need to do your homework on game worn jerseys. Even nfl auctions can't get it right.

I think this was a classic example of a seller not knowing what he was doing selling to an "expert" gameuseduniverse trained buyer. I dont make alot of posts on this site but I do read it almost daily. I have learned alot here and do feel I am an expert at identifying game worn Cleveland Browns jerseys. But to end my post this all could of / should have been avoided if the buyer just did his home work up front. It should be a good lesson to all of us.

I'm glad to see the seller was banned and you finally were able to get your money back!

Comment

• RMoody
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dawg Pound
                              But I can tell you 100% that these jerseys came from the cleveland browns locker room.

I was able to photo-match all of the jerseys I acquired hence why I can say that they were 100% legit (you can search my previous postings to see examples).

Let's face it, how many people in the real world could define the difference between a game-issued jersey vs. a game worn jersey?

I have learned alot here and do feel I am an expert at identifying game worn Cleveland Browns jerseys.

But to end my post this all could of / should have been avoided if the buyer just did his home work up!
                              This is a joke right?

So you're now willing to not only defend the seller, but personally vouch since you photo matched every jersey you got?

So with that in mind, go back to my post, show me where Gary Baxter wore #23 for the Browns in an NFL game, with your self proclaimed "expertise".

It's not about how many can tell the differance between a jersey, it's about being truthful in what you sell. Ignorance may be to blame for some of the purchases, but NOT on the hands of the buyer.

Mark tried to scam me, period. He tried to sell me a jersey bearing a number that was never worn by that player with the team. End of story. When he was asked about it, he offered it at a lower price. Never once did he stop or question what he was selling.

His banning took some time, yet notice his absence in defending himself. Honestly, while not my call, if your elect to come in here and take personal responbility for the autenticity of items, that's just as bad as selling them.

Comment

• emann
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by RMoody
                                It's not about how many can tell the differance between a jersey, it's about being truthful in what you sell. Ignorance may be to blame for some of the purchases, but NOT on the hands of the buyer.
                                . . . on a practical level, there unfortunately needs to always be responsibility in the hands of the buyer to watch out for himself. Caveat Emptor.

I also think you seriously misunderstood the previous post by "Dawg Pound." It doesn't read like he's defending anyone or the jerseys you were offered, merely saying he had a different experience with items from that seller.

I also bought a Browns jersey from that seller (which I also photomatched—from the seller's pics before I bought it). I don't know the seller, I didn't see the jerseys he offered to you, and I'm not vouching for him (and I honestly don't care about the Browns, I bought it for the player).

BUT, I would agree with Dawg Pound that it appears there were some legit jerseys in the batch and any collectors who had a different experience than you shouldn't get attacked with reasoning like this "if your elect to come in here and take personal responsibility for the authenticity of items, that's just as bad as selling them."

I don't think attacking other collectors who are merely offering advice/feedback helps facilitate a positive forum and simply makes reading thru the posts very trying for everybody.

Comment

Working...