Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Wilson Tag Game Used Jersey

This is being sold as a 1979 Game Used Jersey. But looking at the Wilson tag, it looks like this tag would be from a 74 to 77 jersey.

Not only that, but the stitching doesn't look like the Wilson primer tagging picture. To me, it looks like in the upper left hand corner, you can see holes where this tag was stitched on a different jersey. Am I way off base with the stitching?

Opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Wilson Tag Game Used Jersey

That zig-zag stitch on the Wilson tag is abnormal and is a cause for concern.

Just which jersey is this doctored tag connected to, so we can all avoid it?

Dave Miedema

Re: Wilson Tag Game Used Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    It's a John Wathan 79 Royals White pullover. It is missing the name on the back.

Dave Miedema
    Would the tag being on the neck be any different from one on the outside and bottom front of a jersey? In the Wilson tag primer in exceptionally educational threads, it is mentioned that the tagging shown is only for tagging on the front of the jersey.

This is the jersey in question. I am not saying that the seller is doing anything wrong. He may not know any better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331070916524...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Banned

Exclamation Re: Wilson Tag Game Used Jersey

The tail box tag with the year looks right. I'd have to see it to make a final determination.

Dave M.

The tail box tag with the year looks right. I'd have to see it to make a final determination.

Dave M.
    Looking at it close up, it looks as though some of the stitching is loose or missing in the upper right hand corner of it.

Either way, I think the zigzag stitching along with the improper year Wilson tag is enough to scare me away. I'd LOVE to own this jersey but too big of a chance to take. There will be others...

Thank you for your input. Your advice and knowledge is invaluable to this forum.