Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: March 2015 Pickups

This bat was supposedly gifted to Montreal Expos head trainer, Ron Mclain, after Vlad recorded his 200th hit of the '98 season. Ron provided a letter stating Vlad handed him the bat after the base hit in appreciation of getting him through a season of playing on that brutal turf in Montreal. If the story is true, the bat must have been used for one swing as it is pretty pristine.

Won this from Hunt's Super Bowl Auction. Comes from the Bengals Pro Shop. Worn 12/15/13 against the Steelers. Green had 9 catches for 93 yards in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    This bat was supposedly gifted to Montreal Expos head trainer, Ron Mclain, after Vlad recorded his 200th hit of the '98 season. Ron provided a letter stating Vlad handed him the bat after the base hit in appreciation of getting him through a season of playing on that brutal turf in Montreal. If the story is true, the bat must have been used for one swing as it is pretty pristine.
    Nick, great bat regardless of use. I see a ton of value in Vlads game used items right now!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Nick, great bat regardless of use. I see a ton of value in Vlads game used items right now!
    Thanks Joe and I agree regarding Vlad. He was an incredible, clean talent.

mariano rivera at a golf tournament. personally saw him sign it for me.
    Name:  20150228_181755 (900x1200).jpg
Views: 941
Size:  363.2 KB

Bubble goggles worn by Dale Earnhardt on October 3, 1993 at North Wilkesboro Speedway. He finished 2nd that day. They came from the collection of Don Hawk, former President and CEO of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. I contacted Hawk through Twitter and he confirmed the writing on the strap is his and that they are actual goggles that Dale gave him following the race. As a life-long Earnhardt fan this is a great and super-rare pick-up for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post

Nice bat for Big Daddy Vladdy, Nick!

Not a game used item but I thought it was an interesting item to buy. Autographed Sandy Koufax Salvino Figurine. Limited to 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by sprint23 View Post
    Bubble goggles worn by Dale Earnhardt on October 3, 1993 at North Wilkesboro Speedway. He finished 2nd that day. They came from the collection of Don Hawk, former President and CEO of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. I contacted Hawk through Twitter and he confirmed the writing on the strap is his and that they are actual goggles that Dale gave him following the race. As a life-long Earnhardt fan this is a great and super-rare pick-up for me.
    Absolutely love the goggles! It is cool to see some NASCAR items!

Quote Originally Posted by misteremu View Post
    Early 1970's Eastern Michigan University game used helmet and jersey....check out the skull and bones decals on the front!
    Love the 'wear n tear' from the games this beaut was worn in. Really fine gamer.

Thanks for sharing, Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni