Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

March 2015 Pickups

Picked up a 1989-90 Portland Winterhawks game used stick today. Team signed, used by Todd Kinniburgh. Not the finest era of Winterhawks hockey, and only one or two guys on this squad spent any consequential time in the NHL. Still a fun pickup for me; don't have a lot of Winterhawks gear outside of pucks.

Re: March 2015 Pickups

My first ever Cubs GU jersey.
    Eric Hinske from March 2014 against the white sox in spring training.
    Wore #2 before switching to #77 a short time later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Picked this up from Mears. 1976 Steelers home game worn jersey of Linebacker Andy Russell. He was a long time Steeler who played along side Lambert and Hamm on their Super Bowl teams. 7 time pro-bowler. Only flaw is the name on back was removed. Not really a big Steeler fan but these 70s jerseys are VERY tuff to find and I think this Steeler team was one of the greatest of all-time. Guys, should I leave it as is, or get the name restored on it? Let me know. Here it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Banned

I picked up this '07 Bonds Sam bat from professional poker player, Kathy Liebert.
    Liebert bought a signed Bonds bat in a charity poker event back in '07. When Barry saw how much she paid for the bat, he called her up and told her he would mail an actual used one to her.
    Kathy provided a letter detailing how the bat was obtained.
    It shows heavy use.

Banned

Not a Bond's fan, but that is a great bat. Looks like a perfect 10 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy406 View Post
    Picked this up from Mears. 1976 Steelers home game worn jersey of Linebacker Andy Russell. He was a long time Steeler who played along side Lambert and Hamm on their Super Bowl teams. 7 time pro-bowler. Only flaw is the name on back was removed. Not really a big Steeler fan but these 70s jerseys are VERY tuff to find and I think this Steeler team was one of the greatest of all-time. Guys, should I leave it as is, or get the name restored on it? Let me know. Here it is:

Very nice pick up! It is a shame that the nameplate is gone but I think it would be a travesty to put a new nameplate on this jersey unless somehow you were to come across an original plate. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teddy406 View Post
    Not a Bond's fan, but that is a great bat. Looks like a perfect 10 to me.
    Thanks Teddy!

Teddy that's a beautiful looking jersey, I would keep it the way it is, I think the photo match pictures look great with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    I picked up this '07 Bonds Sam bat from professional poker player, Kathy Liebert.
    Liebert bought a signed Bonds bat in a charity poker event back in '07. When Barry saw how much she paid for the bat, he called her up and told her he would mail an actual used one to her.
    It shows heavy use.
    I like the bat, Nick. You took down a pro at poker for a jersey, unreal...

And great Steel Curtain era jersey too...

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Great bat. Even greater story showing that Bonds actually does do some nice things that aren't published in the media.