Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Major Pull!! Full Game Used Bat!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    The other bat is a 2008 Billy Butler. It has a Just Minors LOA and appears to be legit. I'll try to get some images up tonight
    Is the Butler for sale? I have been looking for one. It's 1 of the last 2 I need to complete the starting lineup of the 2014 Royals team.

Personally I think the laws would rule in favor of the 230 refunded as that would make it whole as the 230 is all you spent.

Seriously though I have you come to a solution that both of you can live with.

yeah, its a good Butler. He did not use a lot of ash in his career, almost entirely maple, but he did use ash part-time for a brief period when the "maple bat controversy" (caused by all the two piece, spear shaped breaks) was at its peak in 2008.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

That's fine if that's what you think the law would decide.. But personally I don't give a damn if all they'd give me was 230. I'm beyond sick and tired of these companies selling crap and then giving a simple apology and doing the minimum (if anything). They can step up to the plate and try to make things right.. Or we can all say enough is enough. Email Leaf, Just Minors, and the BBB and shut these guys down. They have yet to email me or anything. I'm over it. I don't want their damn money. I'll donate it to whoever you guys want me to. Just once.. Just one time.. I'd like to see someone come out and say.. I screwed up, I'm sorry, I'll make it right. Instead they post on here.. Don't give a personal name.. And an info@email. A faceless company with no responsibility.
    It's Ryan(on the COA) and...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ameusedbat.com

Did you know of this "company" before or were you just making a general statement that they didn't list a name when they posted?

I was aware of that site before, but did not know they were providing bats in this product. I feel like we're getting off track here..

I gotcha. Sorry, not trying to get off track.

I didnt either. I thought they called it quits some years ago, but still buying bats on their own.

Regardless, I think you should get more than just your money back. Defeats the purpose of getting the best bat out of the bunch.

But my question is, does Ryan and Daniel owe you a Pujols or equivalent, or does Just Minors do via those guys?

The problem with all this is disclourse and transparency, to a degree every buyer is impacted unknowingly by this.

Let's be honest with ourself, these "mystery boxes" allow a company to dispose of unwanted, lower tier items at well more than face value. They do this on the hope that your willing to risk that investment to get the big ticket return.

So "damages" here aren't just laying on one buyer. Countless others bought under the assumption they could get something that was ultimately not legitimate in the first place.

Sure a "refund" sounds nice, if your going to refund everyone who was essentially falsey advertised too.

However wouldn't the right thing be to provide a legiment version (or cash value) of what was represented. If you can't do that, perhaps just sell what you have to a person who actually wants it for its fair value. Even when that means holding stock for years while it diminishes in value.

But then again, I'm sure it's more fun and profitable to create a golden goose to trick people into chasing. Or in this case, I guess it would you chase a golden goose but find out best case scenario you were getting a bronze one.

Im under the asumption that this is a Pujols bat that was used by a unkown minor league player? Is there any chance it was used by Pujols and given to someone later and used in the minors? I know zilch about Pujols charactaristics so im just curious.

Sorry for the ignorance, but I am trying to figure out what is wrong with the bat?

If I'm not mistaken the COA says its a Pujols bat from 2005 minor leagues and he wasn't in the minors. Could be wrong though.

I'm totally confused here too....what is wrong with the bat? I read the COA and it doesn't say anything about it being used in Minor League games (unless I missed it).
    I have bought 6 of these 'Game Used Greats' bats from this product and have not had any problems (that I know of).....