Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Major Pull!! Full Game Used Bat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brucefan32 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the COA says its a Pujols bat from 2005 minor leagues and he wasn't in the minors. Could be wrong though.
    ???

The COA says circa 2005 used by Pujols while with Cardinals. It also mentions it has ink transfers from MLB baseballs. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong COA on this thread.

I've caught minor league balls during MLB batting practices.

Specifically, at Tigers bp's in the spring of 2008. I also caught MLB balls. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to whether it was going to be an MiLB or MLB ball. It was just random.

Yep exactly what i expected when I saw two pujols bats on this checklist..... My initial thought was "with no sell sheet showing the exact bats, they are probably one of the many questionable pujols bats out there" sure enough!!!!! Maybe the other one is legit, ask for pictures. But don't hold your breath

I've actually purchased seven bats from this product:
    - Robin Yount
    - Craig Biggio
    - Freddie Freeman
    - Alex Gordon
    - Mark Texeira
    - Carl Crawford
    - Michael Choice
    I'd have to go back and look at the COAs, but to the best of my memory at this moment, most (if not all) had something from Just Minors.

By questionable I mean it's not 100% legit. Fraudulent would mean we have proof the use was doctored with an intent to deceive. Not sure you have a fraudulent item, just not what was advertised.

Jeff Scott of birdbats.com is the the expert on Pujols' Cards bats....

http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats...0Bat%20Use.htm
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    And in addition to this, I'll be posting on card forums in the near future with an outline of the situation. I'll provide emails to the various companies and let those collectors know that these large companies used Ryan Hilberth as a vendor in their product lines as well.
    Jimmy, I know I can understand why your frustrated, but others on here who are not into pujols may not know why your so up in arms about the bat. I can say I also am not comfortable at all with the bat knowing how a pujols bat "should look". However they never showed or advertised the bat that was in the product and it was that exact ambiguous description of "Albert pujols game used bat" with no explanation of provenance or image that kept me from buying a box. Let's say you took this all the way, I mean all the way. You would lose in the end because the provided you exactly what was advertised, a "game used" bat with Albert pujols name on it. Who used it and during what games was not guaranteed by them. Yes I'd be just as upset as you but with these kinds of items it's a risk you take and I was not comfortable with this product.

The loa from a non reputable dealer??? If the loa was from psa Dan I'd understand what you where saying. I doubt they are going to replace the bat, I have no dog in this fight but I've seen so many similar situations play out I can't help but give my opinion. They provided a game issued (maybe) pujols bat With non pujols use characteristics. I hope they do give you a pujols bat your comfortable with. I just don't see it happening, hope I'm wrong

Yeah, I can see some slick lawyer saying that. It is a game used bat and has Pujols' name on it.

It doesn't make it right.

Spread the word Jimmy!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    I'm not trying to be smart.. but name something on this bat, and its wrong.. The ball marks, the location of marks, the pine tar, the amount of use, the evidence of tape on the handle. There is honestly nothing that points to pujols on this bat. Thats why I feel that this is not a mistake or a difference of opinion, but intentional.
    I'm not trying to argue your point because I believe you have a valid one and I hope you get it resolved the way you want, I am just trying to understand what exact info you learned from the bat since your first post. You called it a gem yesterday and now nothing is right on the bat. I and a few others who nothing about Pujols items would like to know what exactly changed your mind on this bat since yesterday?