Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Major Pull!! Full Game Used Bat!!

Apologies in advance for what may seem like a silly question (after 8 pages of various posts on this topic) however I'm still unclear how it has been determined that the ball marks are MiLB and not MLB.
    Can someone please advise?
    J

Jimmy, any update on this deal?

Thanks, Ben

admin_old

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Could someone explain why my post was removed from the thread? I don't think I made any comments that were without merit.

If a product was sold (the entire run of bats at $299 retail) and one of the key pulls turns out not to be as advertised, offering a refund of the current sale price of the product ($229) by Zenith is unreasonable. That isn't a fair value estimate, which would be defined by the ERV of the prize or market.

I apologize for any confusion. Your post was deleted as it was a response to posts that violated forum rules. Particularly rule #16- "In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately."
    After the conversation was cleaned up, your post no longer applied and would only continue a discussion that violates the forum policy. Let me know if you have further questions.

I still don't get why the ball marks should come from minor League balls...besides that, I purchased a couple of month ago a "Game used great" box and was lucky enough to fin a 1980-83 Paul Molitor used bat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano61 View Post
    I still don't get why the ball marks should come from minor League balls...besides that, I purchased a couple of month ago a "Game used great" box and was lucky enough to fin a 1980-83 Paul Molitor used bat.
    Do you mind posting pics of the Molitor? Would be interested in knowing what quality that bat is.

here's the Molitor bat
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by JDF5244 View Post
    Apologies in advance for what may seem like a silly question (after 8 pages of various posts on this topic) however I'm still unclear how it has been determined that the ball marks are MiLB and not MLB.
    Can someone please advise?
    J
    On a MiLB baseball, the blue player logo has stars on it arching over the player image. You can make out a few of those star transfer marks, backwards, in the blue fields.

Banned

Looks like a good Molitor bat with light use.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano61 View Post
    Stefan, was this the same Molitor Bat that was showcased in a break on Youtube?

I was going to purchase two of these to send to my brother who is over seas. Honestly, after seeing the Molitor pulled on Youtube and now this Pujols I changed my mind. While the concept is certainly a novel idea it is also one that comes with great responsibility.

I know of one MLB team that does a "Mystery Bat" and it's the Tampa Rays. Is anyone aware of any other teams that do something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Stefan, was this the same Molitor Bat that was showcased in a break on Youtube?

I was going to purchase two of these to send to my brother who is over seas. Honestly, after seeing the Molitor pulled on Youtube and now this Pujols I changed my mind. While the concept is certainly a novel idea it is also one that comes with great responsibility.

I know of one MLB team that does a "Mystery Bat" and it's the Tampa Rays. Is anyone aware of any other teams that do something similar?
    yes it is...I'd say I'm more than satisfied with the Molitor's bat; considering what I spent for the box, it was a pretty good catch. I'd say the game usage is little more than light considering all the ball marks and few stitch marks, certainly far from the "heavy" game use signs described in the gameusedbats certificate