Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    So, out of curiosity and boredom I purchased 2 of these "Game Used Greats" boxes. Produced by Just Minors with a run of just 68 boxes. The checklist looks pretty good and I've heard of the company before so I went for it.. Hey arrived today and I proud to announce that I recieved what appears to be one of the "chase items".

Here is the item being sold.

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-ca...by-box#details

what bat did you get?!

I'll post pictures soon.. Just want to let the anticipation build. But anyone who is thinking of purchasing a box may want to hold off..

100% Genuine Albert Pujols Game Used Bat!! Compltete with Minor League ball marks, Heavy Tar, Very Poorly repaired crack/break, and evidence of Tape removal!!!!!!!

Honestly, it looks a whole lot better in the pictures. I'll try to post some better ones tonight. The one time I get a "hit".. it ends up being this. I'm trying to laugh about it, but this is a freaking disgrace. Does anyone know if this LOA is from a banned forum member?

More of this Gem..

If it's from around 2005. Wouldn't it have MLB ball marks not minor league ball marks???

I will give you $50 for it and you can keep the LOA.

I saw this also and after seeing the "chase" list -- it is a huge gamble -- so I passed.

Wow. Just, wow. Have you told them you'd rather have a Pujols game-used bat.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    More of this Gem..
    Jimmy,

Can you please point out the differences between these 2 Pujols bats?

So, On top of warning my wife that she may see "Just Minors" in our search history, I have to send out a slew of negative emails tonight... Awesome chase item!

Thanks for the response ZenithSports. I have a lot of questions myself, there are so many red flags with this bat it appears to be more than just a mistake or a difference of opinion.

I don't feel like I'm the only who's been taken here, I'm sure Just Minors purchased this as a Game Used Albert Pujols bat, and Dacardworld has advertised it as such. The product which contained this bat has been de-valued for both of those companies.

Offering my $230 back doesn't quite cut it. That's the equivalent of a major card company offering a Babe Ruth autograph as a chase item. Then if the item is proven to be non-authentic they offer to reimburse the "winner" the price of a pack of cards.

The other bat is a 2008 Billy Butler. It has a Just Minors LOA and appears to be legit. I'll try to get some images up tonight

Here is the Butler.. I dont really have any concerns with it..

Just to follow up and let everyone know, I emailed ZenithSports at the email they provided in the earlier post.

I told them an Authentic Albert Pujols Game Used Bat would fix the situation since that's what was advertised and sold to the other companies. I feel like simply reimbursing the $230 falls short.

I'll update this thread if/when, I hear anything back.
    Thanks,

That's fine if that's what you think the law would decide.. But personally I don't give a damn if all they'd give me was 230. I'm beyond sick and tired of these companies selling crap and then giving a simple apology and doing the minimum (if anything). They can step up to the plate and try to make things right.. Or we can all say enough is enough. Email Leaf, Just Minors, and the BBB and shut these guys down. They have yet to email me or anything. I'm over it. I don't want their damn money. I'll donate it to whoever you guys want me to. Just once.. Just one time.. I'd like to see someone come out and say.. I screwed up, I'm sorry, I'll make it right. Instead they post on here.. Don't give a personal name.. And an info@email. A faceless company with no responsibility.

If they came in here and said.. "I'm sorry, this sucks, but I can't do a Pujols game used bat, I can't afford it, etc".. If there was a shred of responsibility I'd let it go and settle for questions answered. Instead we get.. "If you're not satisfied, here's money go away".. I see it all day long and I'm tired of it.

I was aware of that site before, but did not know they were providing bats in this product. I feel like we're getting off track here..

It's adding to my frustration that everywhere else on the forum, they post as GameUsedBat. and now that we're questioning the authenticity of this bat, they post under ZenithSports and can't sign it as Ryan or whoever else.. Am I alone on this??

This bat would instantly fail authentication by any legitimate 3rd party. I don't really think we should open it up to speculation that Pujols may have swung it once or twice and then donated it. You could honestly say that about any prostock bat found on eBay, goodwill, etc.

I'll be taking the next steps at some point today and update the thread. They have not returned my email at this point.

JDF5244- I'd like to hear more about the bats you recieved from this product. What were the players you recieved? Did they have a Just Minors LOA or a letter like I recieved with the Pujols bat?

If settle for questionable.. Its fraudulent I have a problem with.

Should say "I'd settle for questionable". I can't type on my phone

I dont believe the item was doctored.. but I believe 100% GameUsedBat.com knew the bat was not used by Pujols and deceived the dealer and hoped to deceive me. I cant believe this is what we're discussing on this thread.. Fraudulent vs. Not as advertised.

These guys are selling bogus items.. I've shown proof.. they've not commented.. and it appears nobody really cares. Does anyone here think that if you hold yourself in high enough regard to write LOAs and sell to top companies.. then you couldnt tell by glancing at this item that it is not an Albert Pujols Game Used Bat??

I'm going the distance with this. You can all look the other way if you want.

I'm becoming pretty disappointed in the reaction on this site. A fellow forum member has been caught selling a bogus item to a major memorabilia company. They have not posted any explanations, and they advertise that they also sell "game used" memorabilia to Topps and Leaf.

For all the talk about authenticity/integrity, etc on this site, I thought this would raise more of a stir..

Chris/Moderators, I would ask that you ban Ryan Hilberth, GameUsedBat (aka ZenithSports) from this forum.

Thanks Nate, I'm in the process of reaching out to DACardworld, Just Minors, as well as Topps and Leaf. Not so much to be reimbursed on any level, but to let them know one of their vendors has been found to sell non-authentic game used items. I'm also planning on taking steps beyond that.

I'm not trying to be smart.. but name something on this bat, and its wrong.. The ball marks, the location of marks, the pine tar, the amount of use, the evidence of tape on the handle. There is honestly nothing that points to pujols on this bat. Thats why I feel that this is not a mistake or a difference of opinion, but intentional.

So, I've emailed Topps, Leaf, Just Minors, and DACardWorld outlining what has happened. Mainly to inform DACardWorld that their product line may contain more bogus items, and to alert Just Minors, Topps, and Leaf that a vendor they used has been found selling a non authentic item to include in retail product. I've also told them I'll be discussing this with legal council and notifying the FBI.

If/when I don't get a response from these companies, I'll follow up with phone calls and more emails. I'd encourage anyone who reads this and cares about this hobby to email any or all of the companies below. Please let them know you are aware of the situation and expect it to be resolved/addressed, if they value their reputation as a company who values authenticity

Just Minors- info@justminors.com

DACardWorld- service@dacardworld.com

Topps Trading Cards- support@topps.com

Leaf Trading Cards- CS@LeafTradingCards.com

I will continue to update this thread and as I reach higher in each company, I will provide more email addresses where you can help voice your concerns.

And in addition to this, I'll be posting on card forums in the near future with an outline of the situation. I'll provide emails to the various companies and let those collectors know that these large companies used Ryan Hilberth as a vendor in their product lines as well.

With all due respect..This is a ridiculous attempt at an excuse. Your basically saying they could have given me a Tee Ball bat with Pujols written on the barrel in magic marker and I'd have no repercussions as long as it was used in a game.. Albeit a tee ball game.

In this world/situation you're creating, do you realize the amount of small print that would be necessary with every single transaction you make daily? Imagine the book you'd have to sign when buying a tank of gas..

And I disagree bc they did not provide what was advertised and accounted for in the LOA.. It clearly states this bat was used by Pujols circa 2005 with the Cardinals..

You're also saying everyone busted in Operation Bullpen could've gotten off if they were selling retail items that were used while the owners were playing a game of rock paper scissors... It's just not true.

This is a little overdue but I wanted to give a quick update on the Pujols bat. DACardworld reached out to me and was very helpful. I also recieved a call from Brian Gray, the owner of Leaf. He offered to forward images of the bat to Pujols and see if we could get confirmation directly from him. I sent images and reasons for my concern, but we haven't heard from Pujols yet. I'm extremely impressed with Brian and his offer. This bat didn't come from his company but he was willing to reach out and help.

I've been in contact with Just Minors and also sent them images and reasons I don't feel this bat is legit. They discussed my concerns with the "authenticator" but at this point they are standing by the bat and LOA. Just Minors is aware that Pujols may weigh in, but we both agreed to go ahead and send it to PSA since we may not hear back from Pujols. Right now thats where it stands. Ill update this thread with the PSA Loa and let you guys know if Pujols comments and if a resolution is reached.

Thanks for the update.

This is a little overdue but I wanted to give a quick update on the Pujols bat. DACardworld reached out to me and was very helpful. I also recieved a call from Brian Gray, the owner of Leaf. He offered to forward images of the bat to Pujols and see if we could get confirmation directly from him. I sent images and reasons for my concern, but we haven't heard from Pujols yet. I'm extremely impressed with Brian and his offer. This bat didn't come from his company but he was willing to reach out and help.

I've been in contact with Just Minors and also sent them images and reasons I don't feel this bat is legit. They discussed my concerns with the "authenticator" but at this point they are standing by the bat and LOA. Just Minors is aware that Pujols may weigh in, but we both agreed to go ahead and send it to PSA since we may not hear back from Pujols. Right now thats where it stands. Ill update this thread with the PSA Loa and let you guys know if Pujols comments and if a resolution is reached.
    Jimmy, why didn't you make this comment on the original thread? Now there are two threads going on the same issue (maybe admin can combine these two and delete this comment I just made, leaving the following).

So DACardworld "reached out and was very helpful"? In what way? Have they figured out a way to wave Tinkerbells pixie-stick and turn the bat into a real Pujols gamer? And Brian Gray's offer, albeit helpful, is a day late and a dollar short. These types of things should be done prior to putting the item out there as something it's not. If you don't know what you're selling, then don't sell it. Now that you've been called to the mat, take the responsibility for your mistake. Again, Jimmy, I would take their offer and ask for your money back. The bat is garbage.

I seriously doubt Pujols will comment. Why would he want to get involved in this controversy? Even if he does, it will likely be a generic comment that will not shed any concrete evidence on the bat. He's probably pissed given the fact a bat he gifted to someone, or worse yet was stolen from him, has now appeared in the market as a Pujols game-used bat someone is trying to profit from.

And we wonder why athletes get crotchety and treat fans indifferently at times? When they're always wondering if someone is trying to pull a fast one on them, how can we blame them?

I don't know how Brain Gray from Leaf would have been involved previously since it's not his deal. He had nothing to do with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images               

Re: Major Pull!! Full Game Used Bat!!

That's unfortunate. Ryan is a member on here, and I believe his biz partner is too? Maybe they could give you a refund.

So, On top of warning my wife that she may see "Just Minors" in our search history, I have to send out a slew of negative emails tonight... Awesome chase item!

Time to clear history with "Just Minors" ...

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    That's unfortunate. Ryan is a member on here, and I believe his biz partner is too? Maybe they could give you a refund.
    +1. If he wrote a COA for the bat, he should stand behind it.
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Hi everyone. Just saw this thread for the first time, sorry for the delayed response. If you are unhappy we would absolutely refund your purchase price of $229 that you paid for the Just Minors mystery box. Don't hesitate to contact us at anytime at info@gameusedbat.com.

Quote Originally Posted by zenithsports View Post
    Hi everyone. Just saw this thread for the first time, sorry for the delayed response. If you are unhappy we would absolutely refund your purchase price of $229 that you paid for the Just Minors mystery box. Don't hesitate to contact us at anytime at info@gameusedbat.com.
    I'd prefer to hear an explanation on how this bat was placed in your stock if it's not legit.

Thanks for the response ZenithSports. I have a lot of questions myself, there are so many red flags with this bat it appears to be more than just a mistake or a difference of opinion.

I don't feel like I'm the only who's been taken here, I'm sure Just Minors purchased this as a Game Used Albert Pujols bat, and Dacardworld has advertised it as such. The product which contained this bat has been de-valued for both of those companies.

Offering my $230 back doesn't quite cut it. That's the equivalent of a major card company offering a Babe Ruth autograph as a chase item. Then if the item is proven to be non-authentic they offer to reimburse the "winner" the price of a pack of cards.
    I agree. Offering a refund is not even close to fair.

So, out of curiosity and boredom I purchased 2 of these "Game Used Greats" boxes. Produced by Just Minors with a run of just 68 boxes. The checklist looks pretty good and I've heard of the company before so I went for it.. Hey arrived today and I proud to announce that I recieved what appears to be one of the "chase items".

Here is the item being sold.

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-ca...by-box#details

What was the other "Game Used Greats" bat you got?

Yeah, it appears you got a game used minor league bat with Albert Pujols on it. At least you got one of the better "named" bats. Wonder what the Henderson, Alomar, and Yount bats looked like...

Chris

++++

Official provider of game used bats for : Leaf Trading Cards Topps Just Minors

Game Used Bat.com Authentication

GameUsedBat.com offers authentication services for your game used bats to ensure that your lumber is legit. Prices start at $49 for commons and semi-stars and range up to $499 for high-profile Hall of Famers and superstars.

About Game Used Bat.com

Game Used Bat.com is your source for the highest quality game used bats for sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

The other bat is a 2008 Billy Butler. It has a Just Minors LOA and appears to be legit. I'll try to get some images up tonight
    Billy did have an exclusive deal with JM to sell his game used from 2005 until recently. I've not seen a JM authenticated Butler bat that did not pass my test. Should be pretty safe on that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell