Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mattingly and Jimmy Key Game Used Starter Jackets?

I have two Yankees Starter jackets.

My research shows no comparison to any Yankees jackets from other players and I was unable to photo match on google images. However, I bought them because price was reasonable and there unique even if not game used.

Some searching resulted in a couple of LA Dodgers jackets that sold as Game Used in the similar style of these jackets.

I can see someone making a Mattingly jacket because it was their favorite player and thus customized the jacket, but to do Jimmy Key also?

Also, the stitching on the jacket letters and numbers match the stitching in NY on the front chest. Another key factor is the letters in MATTINGLY are smaller than the ones used for KEY, therefore the jackets had to be done by a professional, hopefully someone who worked or supplied for the Yankees.

Does any one know if these are true, authentic, game used or team issued Yankees jackets?

I can only post 5 images, the Jimmy Key jacket is in the same style with same starter tag inside.

Thank you,
    Mike

ebay seller: DaVintagiCode

Mattingly:

Name:  IMG_5356.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  56.1 KB Name:  IMG_5350.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  62.2 KB Name:  IMG_5351.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  63.1 KBName:  IMG_5357.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5355.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  89.1 KB

Banned
    I've seen a few Yankees jackets before, but none with a number on the sleeve or a NOB. Also, given his jersey sizes as a player (42 and 44) I'd be expecting the size to be large, not medium. This isn't saying that I believe it's unequivocally bad; just that it dosn't match up to any Yankee game jackets I've seen.

Dave Miedema