Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Batting Helmet Help- 80's Phillies St. Patty's Day

Has anyone seen a green Phillies St. Patty's day helmet, or remember seeing them used back in the 80's? I own a Reds St. Patty's day helmet and can find a few on the internet but I cannot find any other Phillies.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Batting Helmet Help- 80's Phillies St. Patty's Day

I collect Phillies helmets. I don't recall seeing a green one, but that was a few years ago. What can you tell me about the one pictured? Could you post any pics of the inside of the helmet? The year it was made might give a clue to narrow the search.

ROG

Hi Rog,I have had the helmet for a few years, I bought it as a part of a lot with several 80's Orioles helmets. I have never been able to verify these were used, I know they used green jerseys though. Here are a few pics of the date wheel and tagging, thanks for your reply, Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I looked at your pics with the wrong glasses on. Tough getting old lol. Its a dotted wheel inside the helmet. Nobody seems to know how to read that wheel so that's out as to identifying the year. I would be interested in the helmet if available. If its not, I'll still try to help finding the year possibly with the style of the p.

ROG

Hunt Auctions is auctioning off a Larry Anderson St. Patrick's Day uniform from 1986, so they most likley wore them in that time period:

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/ima...um=88&lot_qual=

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Batting Helmet Help- 80's Phillies St. Patty's Day

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Hunt Auctions is auctioning off a Larry Anderson St. Patrick's Day uniform from 1986, so they most likley wore them in that time period:

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/ima...um=88&lot_qual=
    In '86ST the Phillies wore actual game jerseys with green letters, numbers, and pinstripes made by Wilson, These were full-quality game jerseys (like the late 1970s/early 1980s Rawlings-made Reds), not the BP styles that are far more prevelant since then.

Dave Miedema

Thanks everyone for chiming in. It is the only one I have seen, I don't even know if the Phillies even used these but I will hold on to it and see if another turns up someday.