Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Urlacher Jersey Help

Just picked this up, it actually does show some wear. Seems to be legit with every other one I've seen from a gamer perspective.

It does not have any neck tagging, which I found odd.

Anybody wanna chime in with thoughts?

Re: Urlacher Jersey Help

Can't really say for sure, but without more photos i would say a top of the line authentic or team issued perhaps. I haven't really seen a GU Bears jersey from the late 90's onward without year and size tagging in the collar. There should at least be evidence of a tag.

Here's my opinion on this jersey.

It is consistent with a genuine Bears team jersey. The tagging is consistent with a 2002-2006 jersey. I own a Bears jersey that is missing the neck tag as well so that's not a concern for me. My jersey dates to 2002-2004.

Without more pics, it is hard to tell more...

If you see wear, then it shouldn't be too hard to photomatch it. Brian was a popular subject at every game he played. I would look at games prior to mid 2006 season for a match.

On a side note... There is a Bears thread where this belongs...

i aappriciate both responses, anything I could show you guys to help?

When you say void of a tag....meaning it NEVER had a tag or it just was removed.

I'll start looking through pictures.

With all due respect, I'm staying far away from that Bears thread, I'm not so much a Bears collector as I was looking for input on this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMoody View Post
    With all due respect, I'm staying far away from that Bears thread, I'm not so much a Bears collector as I was looking for input on this.
    Nice jersey and I agree.

Can you post full front and back picks ? I will help you look if you want. Also any hit mark areas or distinct signs of use like team repairs ect.

Phil

Here is full front and back,

The jersey has some pilling inside the arms, scuffing as shown below. I wouldn't really say it has pad marks, but it doesn't have staining and wash wear. Nothing that jumps out as "here is a point of photo matching"

The only things I can think of is this stitching through the GSH , passing through the G and S must be unique to each jersey but finding a high enough res image will be impossible I would think.

I was sort of coming to the conclusion this may be an event jersey, which would account for the lack of true game use typical of the postion. At the same time, it would justify the pilling, thread pulling and staining. Anybody know how those jerseys look?

I thought I would throw my weird Urlacher on this thread as well. I've had this jersey for a little while now and much like RMoody, I have no idea what I have here. The year/size tag says 2001 and the NFL shield on the neck correlates to that season. However, if this jersey was from 2001 it should feature a large helmet on the Reebok tail tag. Also, there should be a Soldier Field memorial patch sewn on the left/front shoulder.

There aren't any hit marks present on the jersey, however the shoulder numbers have a lot of puckering and there are a couple abrasions on front numbers. Any ideas???
    Attached Images Attached Images     

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Could be a 2002 jersey with a leftover 2001 neck tag...