Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Question Pay Pal: Am I lucky or are they faster?

In the past, when I would transfer funds from Pay Pal to my checking account, while they advertised a 3-5 day wait, it was normally a 2-3 day delay, better than advertised, so I was good with that.

However, in my last five money transfers, the funds have been available in my checking account THE NEXT DAY! Obviously I'm thrilled, and this isn't a gripe session...I'm just curious if other GUU readers have also had the same quicker transfers, or if I'm just being watched over by good karma. Thoughts?

Dave Miedema

Re: Pay Pal: Am I lucky or are they faster?

Dave,

My last three PayPal with-drawls have all taken the standard 3-5 days. With the last with-drawl coming near the end of February so it's possible something has changed recently. I'm betting it's just "good karma" like you stated .

Cheers,
    Joe

I also am at the 2-3 days

About the same as everyone else.

Withdrew money on March 19th and it popped in this am.

I seem to be getting mine a little faster than in the past, just a day or two.

i got an email a few weeks ago explaining that certain banks would be transferring the money faster--as soon as 24 hours--where as it usually took 2-3 business days.

to be honest, i havent checked

I think a lot of it depends on which bank you use. I get mine the next day and I use Bank of America.

Banned

Smile Re: Pay Pal: Am I lucky or are they faster?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    I think a lot of it depends on which bank you use. I get mine the next day and I use Bank of America.
    That could well be, although I've used the same bank account (PNC) ever since I signed up for PayPal. Either Pay Pal has sped up its transactions with PNC or PNC itself has been processing it more quickly on their end. Either way, it's a nice change.

Dave M.

My bank will post the funds 48 hours after Paypal posts that they've been received by my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    In the past, when I would transfer funds from Pay Pal to my checking account, while they advertised a 3-5 day wait, it was normally a 2-3 day delay, better than advertised, so I was good with that.

However, in my last five money transfers, the funds have been available in my checking account THE NEXT DAY! Obviously I'm thrilled, and this isn't a gripe session...I'm just curious if other GUU readers have also had the same quicker transfers, or if I'm just being watched over by good karma. Thoughts?

Dave Miedema
    Received a payment via paypal on Saturday 3/21 afternoon, transferred to my bank account soon after, money was in my account Monday 3/23 morning!

It may be a glitch, but if the speedy transfers continue I will be very pleased!

Only thing I can think of is paypal tightening their marketplace share, probably due to competition, lots of banking apps and payment apps popping up..